• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

1 hour ago, brooklynwx99 said:

i mean, normally, the fail mode in strong Nino Februarys is an overly oppressive GoAK low, not whatever the hell this is. this makes no sense

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-nhemi-z500_anom-9121600.thumb.png.e35d76dd3f4f221168cbb5efdb3cc4b9.png

Well ...the immediate and obvious answer is a variant -PNA.   But you mean it shouldn't be happening in general I suspect ? 

Mm... I've frankly become more and more convinced we haven't truly/fully coupled any of these ENSO events to the hemisphere ... going back some 15 years of them.  Too many non-correlating field/hemispheric modes -

• Like 2

Really close to going ker boom!   ...Heights over Miami and adjacency below 580 dm, with pre ambient wind field < 50 kts, while heights are rising west of 100 W no less ... All we need is for that latter aspect to kick just a bit more and this thing's digging for Hades and bringin' the apoclypse back with it. This quickly would become the season definer -

gfs_z500_vort_us_42.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Really close to going ker boom!   ...Heights over Miami and adjacency below 580 dm, with pre ambient wind field < 50 kts, while heights are rising west of 100 W no less ... All we need is for that latter aspect to kick just a bit more and this thing's digging for Hades and bringin' the apoclypse back with it. This quickly would become the season definer -

gfs_z500_vort_us_42.png

ample cold air with the displaced TPV beforehand...

gfs_T850_us_43.thumb.png.3f9f22dfeccddc36a37dde15a8838422.png

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

gfs_z500_vort_us_42.png

More like ker plunk.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Morch is going to be an all out furnace . You can see it on all LR guidance 

Actually a lot of longer range guidance tries to reload after about a week. I don’t necessarily buy it but LR guidance isn’t in any type of consensus. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Morch is going to be an all out furnace . You can see it on all LR guidance 

Ya ok.  We didn’t know what todays storm was gonna do 6 hrs before(you called for a shut out, and got a foot lol) ….but the end of winter we can see at 16 days out.  I’ll sell that big time at this point. 

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

I have no confidence in the 24th threat. Looking at the ensembles, the temps are AN. The temps are just too warm this winter. I got burned with this threat and the Jan 7th one, I’m not getting burned again. It’s just going to be another shitty needle threader that requires a tremendous amount of luck. It’s a ratter, for me it’s time to move on to tracking the ENSO state for next winter.

Just now, George001 said:

I have no confidence in the 24th threat. Looking at the ensembles, the temps are AN. The temps are just too warm this winter. I got burned with this threat and the Jan 7th one, I’m not getting burned again. 

You’ll be right back on the train once the clown maps have you in double digits on the next threat. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You’ll be right back on the train once the clown maps have you in double digits on the next threat. 

Not unless there is large scale cross guidance agreement on temps being FRIGID, like mid 20s or below throughout the entire storm. I would love to be proven wrong, but until I see that, I am out on the rest of this “winter”. I’ve just been chasing ghosts for 2 years. 2/24 could be interesting for the interior, but to me it looks like more of the same. Too warm here.

• Weenie 5

4 minutes ago, George001 said:

Not unless there is large scale cross guidance agreement on temps being FRIGID, like mid 20s or below throughout the entire storm. I would love to be proven wrong, but until I see that, I am out on the rest of this “winter”. I’ve just been chasing ghosts for 2 years. 2/24 could be interesting for the interior, but to me it looks like more of the same. Too warm here.

I was 30 degrees today and got 12.5”.  You don’t need mid 20’s for an excellent snow storm George.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Okay.....intrigued on 2/24....but I think winter is over there after and anything prior is a nuisance.

Ray, Did you say on the other thread you scored 1.5" today? ASH .25". I probably now at 27"+/_, I am not bailing out, maybe I will be the last guy standing, I remain in till April 1, after that I have no desire. I just can't believe the whole month of March will go down with out an event for the interior, but nothing would surprise me.