• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't like the look of that....lots of members inland. The mean is pulled south by the seaward outliers. Looks good for Powderfreak.

So this morning both euro and gfs bring good snows up into NNE.  Let’s hope our southern friends can get in on this. If not, I would think the coastal areas down through the middle Atlantic are going to get a big one at some point in the next couple weeks.

I am about 37 inches short of my seasonal average and I have very little doubt I will get there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That’s a congrats powderfreak and Montreal look if I’ve ever seen one. Mainly inland runners skewed by a few members halfway to Bermuda. Buckle up for more rain!”.

At least we’ve had two weeks to dry out 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't like the look of that....lots of members inland. The mean is pulled south by the seaward outliers. Looks good for Powderfreak.

Maybe. It’s an unmanned firehose look though. There’s literally huge solutions for almost anyone in New England. 

2/13 is mostly gravy imho anyway  never expected much out of this but it has a legit chance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Looking forward to Saturday....try to get the kids to the park.

No other way to play it than to be in the moment with whatever’s happening. When it was apparent we were going to have two weeks of dry weather. I just made it about doing different walks in beautiful places, knowing that the snow will come and there will be time to enjoy that.
looks to me like we have snowpack  up here through all of March based on these long range models.

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Keep in mind that’s only half the storm bc 6z only goes out to 144

Yep. Not a good way to look at it yet. A bunch of people would be crushed if we could see another 12 hours. 

• Like 2

Man, people need to chill. This is still 5+ days out. Good cross-model support for a nice storm and the ensembles have some good hits. I mean, yeah I get the “gotta be real” and all that, but look at it from glass half full once in a while, no? Enjoy the ride. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JKEisMan said:

Man, people need to chill. This is still 5+ days out. Good cross-model support for a nice storm and the ensembles have some good hits. I mean, yeah I get the “gotta be real” and all that, but look at it from glass half full once in a while, no? Enjoy the ride. 

Been quite here, granted still a ways out, but something to track, love the chase, might be crap,but nothing else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JKEisMan said:

Depends on where you live

6 minutes ago, JKEisMan said:

For those of us who enjoy tracking as much as actual outcome, it's great just to have something to look at

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Is she gonna come? 

Started a thread for what I feel is more a lack-luster operational performance issue that is not really been representative of the immense potential of this period of time.

I kept it at medium confidence - mainly in deference to aspects like exactly where this evolves an impact is still highly negotiable.  I think there's higher likelihood that cyclogen emerges and provided plenty of contextual arguments to support that.  But you know... a medium to major winter cyclone could move too far SE ... or evolve too late... there's all that to iron out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JKEisMan said:

Sure, it’s all relative, but still lots of options on the table - as Will said.

Yesterday most people were thinking it would get crunched SE. Now a whole bunch of people yelling congrats to dendrite and powderfreak. Lot of minds on tilt these days. 

It could honestly go either direction. 

• Like 6