• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Me too. At the very least you guys have had a plethora of 18+ memorable events, which I guess you’re paying the price for,  in somewhat recent years. We haven’t had one since 2013…so I’m not sure what or who we’re paying. 

It’s been worse for you even there…I’ve gotten in on alot of 12-18 inchers over the last 10 years too.  Now we scrimping for a couple inches…we’ll really appreciate the next decent one when it comes. 1/7 was somewhat decent however(a low end warning event), close to 8” in that here. 

I’d like to hear Wills thoughts on Feb

At what % do Medium range weeklies , Twitter Mets and ensembles have to fail *in the day 14 -21 time frame * that Amy mention of these to make a prognostication should be couched in a caveat that they are not of significant value at those lead times OR is there a case to be made that day 14++ ensembles have been worse than usual (I was under impression that range was never of much value regarding accuracy )

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I’d prefer Stein April but yeah, looks boring. 

I mean at some point I suppose it was inevitable that the gravy train of QPF would be shut off

The Huge QPF is also what made extreme S CT snowfall anomalies the last 2 winters pretty much epic rats to me 

Much easier to rat with normal to below normal QPF

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I mean at some point I suppose it was inevitable that the gravy train of QPF would be shut off

The Huge QPF is also what made extreme S CT snowfall anomalies the last 2 winters pretty much epic rats to me 

Same here.  Just unreal porkage. Dumbfounding. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s been worse for you even there…I’ve gotten in on alot of 12-18 inchers over the last 10 years too.  Now we scrimping for a couple inches…we’ll really appreciate the next decent one when it comes. 1/7 was somewhat decent however(a low end warning event), close to 8” in that here. 

I’ve had several 12-16 events since 2013 too but we’ve missed the next level events to our south, west, north, and east by like 25miles each. This the longest stretch of not getting 16+ in my life and I grew up in CNJ lol. 

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is a blockier version of 1973. The past two seasons I have bet against an awful result due to the anticipation of high latitude blocking....but it just hasn't mattered. Its sucked, anway, despite nailing the blocking.

Yup. Until we see sustained changes in the pac we will continue with these lean winters. One or two weeks with a okay pacific isn’t enough time to capitalize, 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Yea. A wet rat looks worse then a dry rat.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Yup. Until we see sustained changes in the pac we will continue with these lean winters. One or two weeks with a okay pacific isn’t enough time to capitalize, 

As much eye rolling as this will elicit right now, I still don't totally buy that.....some of this is just plain bad luck after decades of snowing at least excuse imaginable. Shit like not garnering enough separation between PV lobes has and will always happen in any type of regime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We can’t have nice things so expect more of the same in march. 

I’m not even asking for big snows at this point, just for winter to feel like winter. As long as temps are above normal that’s not going to happen.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

As much eye rolling as this will elicit right now, I still don't totally buy that.....some of this is just plain bad luck after decades of snowing at least excuse imaginable. Shit like not garnering enough separation between PV lobes has and will always happen in any type of regime.

That’s fair, we haven’t had much break our way in years. It does seem like when we do get a favorable window the pacific orientation spoils the fun. 

• Like 1