Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
At least it's something - Jan 16th Snow/Sleet/Ice OBS Thread

The 4 Seasons

18 minutes ago, met_fan said:

Wait…where is there an elevated “downtown” on the east slope of the Berks?

By downtown I don’t mean anything other than a small town “downtown” where there is a coffee shop, a tax guy, prolly an insurance office and a couple places to grab lunch or dinner . There must be a couple towns around 1500’ in Berks that meet that criteria 

There are many of those on E side of monadnocks in NH  

I would say Chester , Ma fits that bill..maybe Worthington , Ma

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What’s the timing in terms of flipping back to snow this afternoon? Any chance of tacking on 1-2” after it goes back to snow?

Prob between 4-5pm there...doubt you tack on much...maybe a few tenths or half an inch.

Anecdotal because I was driving in it, but I feel like this overperformed a little in RI and SE MA before the change over.  It was snowing pretty hard for my entire commute into Providence, and there's 3-4" on the ground once you get north of Warren into Bristol County MA, and Providence/Pawtucket.

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Still ripping at Wachusett   They should stay all snow with maybe a few pingers near the end

Dunno, not too far from there at th moment, and the snow growth is quite poor. 

Just now, bristolri_wx said:

Anecdotal because I was driving in it, but I feel like this overperformed a little in RI and SE MA before the change over.  It was snowing pretty hard for my entire commute into Providence, and there's 3-4" on the ground once you get north of Warren into Bristol County MA, and Providence/Pawtucket.

It def overperformed for most of RI/SE MA...solid advisory snow amounts when a lot of forecasts were 1-2" or 1-3"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

1.8”—literally got the measurement in a few minutes before the pingers started.

same 1.8" final. probably the highest impact 1.8" of snow + mixed pcp can cause. 28 and freezing rain.

if anyones got any reports send them my way, anywhere in SNE you can always DM me as well

Measured 2.3" here this morning and got a quick walk in before the changeover. It's been freezing drizzle since 9am. Temp has crept up to 29.5F. Rumor is roads are quite slick, so no school was the right call. Expect to flirt with freezing before temps drop again later this afternoon.

• Like 1