• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: The Return of Hope??

stormtracker

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Well, the trends at 5H are undeniable. Might actually have to break out a discussion for the forum tonight :santa:

A general 2-4” is increasing in probability. Can see a 5-6” jackpot in this as well. Great trends so far. Let’s reel this one in 

This is the return of hope,  maybe even outright jubilation. Break out the tracks that remind of snow during an epic jebwalk and blast them like it's January 1996!

I wanna see the GFS purples get up to cover MD too. Looks like it knows where the state border is right now lol. Maybe we can get the backend to pop a bit for a parting gift or just keep improving the H5 look and get a stouter opening event before the spotty middle portion of the storm

• Like 2

Just now, Jersey Andrew said:

When is snow supposed to start in DC metro?

Some models say tomorrow midday, others delay it until tomorrow evening. Hard to say, depends on where that narrow band aims and when the column gets saturated enough

Looks like two groups of models, one has more snow NW of the fall line, the other has more SE. 
Gonna be interesting, and I hope everyone wins. 

Right along 95 or JUST NW in places like Howard county, NW Baltimore county, E MoCo appears to be where many models are keying in for those possible 3-4” amounts. Love to see it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Right along 95 or JUST NW in places like Howard county, NW Baltimore county, E MoCo appears to be where many models are keying in for those possible 3-4” amounts. Love to see it

Yeah, I think those areas will be the winners, at least in agreement from the two groups of modeling. 

Personally, I’m not sure what to root for. The more amped NW group where I get more, but with potential ptype issues along and SE of 95… or the colder solutions with a central VA jack. Leaning towards the latter because I love cold smoke snows even if I get less. A compromise between the two would be perfect. 

• Like 2