• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

Pretty big jump up on the Ec, it's been playing a bit of catch up with the mesos so it's expected. I think a region wide 1-4 is a good starting point for now. Kind of a far cry from the moderate snowstorm we were potentially looking at a few days ago but also a lot better than pure whiff, especially with the cold incoming 

ecmwf-deterministic-hartford-precip_24hr_inch-5460400.png

ecmwf-deterministic-hartford-precip_24hr_inch-5471200.png

• Like 5

RGEM is a nuke, drops 16mb in 12 hours. Its been fairly consistent but is definitely an outlier right now with that NW track and explosive development. Also these mesos have been much warmer punching 850s well into SE southern new england while the globals are pretty much all snow region wide including the gem/gfs/ec. 

13 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

6Z euro is not gonna be as good as 00Z, looks like it ticked back SE, similar to 18Z. Still a decent swath of snow over SNE about 1-3. Just an off hour run though, 12Z could easily tick back NW. 

I’ve been saying this for a long time, that these off hr runs many times are usually wonky(in either direction)…but have been told that’s largely false.  However, from personal experience that doesn’t seem to be true. Off hr runs, like this one you’re speaking of, most times are a step back or even worse than their 12z and 0z counterparts. Odd to say the least. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’ve been saying this for a long time, that these off hr runs many times are usually wonky(in either direction)…but have been told that’s largely false.  However, from personal experience that doesn’t seem to be true. Off hr runs, like this one you’re speaking of, most times are a step back or even worse than their 12z and 0z counterparts. Odd to say the least. 

Yeah, i agree. This could turn out to be a really nice event with perfect timing for the daylight, almost perfectly centered from sunup to sun set, surface temps in the mid to upper 20s, with cold after the storm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yeah, i agree. This could turn out to be a really nice event with perfect timing for the daylight, almost perfectly centered from sunup to sun set, surface temps in the mid to upper 20s, with cold after the storm. 

Let’s hope so..that would be a very nice thing for everybody.  What day is this, Wednesday?  Or Tuesday? 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We told and told and told. And they covered ears and made noises .

Yep, seeing it offshore 4 days out was a good thing for this setup. Can’t be living and dying by every run. North trend isn’t done either

• Thanks 1