Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - Winter 23/24 Edition

eyewall

1 minute ago, Tullioz said:

The models are showing a more favorable pattern beginning next week and continuing into February, so things seem to be on track for now. If nothing materializes by the end of this month, only then will I start to consider that this winter may be in trouble. 

It's a trap!   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tullioz said:

The models are showing a more favorable pattern beginning next week and continuing into February, so things seem to be on track for now. If nothing materializes by the end of this month, only then will I start to consider that this winter may be in trouble. 

Yea I agree, I’ve just given up. Patterns and the term favorable don’t mean anything unless we get something and we’ve gone over over half a decade since the last big snow in my area and even that one was mostly washed away by rain that afternoon. We need something to start showing soon or we’ve officially punted till February 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

My uncle lives in MI. Here is his forecast for the week. :( 

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 12.04.13 PM.png

The snow is one thing but this is miserable cold. I enjoy cold a lot (I enjoy walking in it) and always root for a cold winter as that’s exciting, but I mean by SE standards. The Sun-Mon highs in the teens, especially with wind/no sun, and lows of 5-6 are overdoing it a bit for my taste. I don’t know that I’d walk in that though walking in snow, something I haven’t had many opportunities to do, would be fun and might still tempt me.

I can’t even imagine going out in the Chicago cold coming then!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

Winters do not happen anymore in NC outside the mountains. Crazy how quick climate change has impacted winters here. Good snow storms went from uncommon to nearly impossible in the last 10 years. 

They barely happen in the mountains 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1