• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Not only is NAM pretty juiced but was looking at some soundings and it has one helluva MAUL. 700-500 lapse rates are quite steep. We get maximized lift in there and snowfall rates could end up being something like 2''+ per hour for a bit somewhere.

question: i used to use this site for vertically averaged f-gen but it seems it hasnt been updated since march 2023, you have an alternative? i know sites like pivotal and some others have 700mb or other layers but i found this one useful because it did like 600-800 vertically averaged frontogensis, tagging @Ginx snewx as well

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

question: i used to use this site for vertically averaged f-gen but it seems it hasnt been updated since march 2023, you have an alternative? i know sites like pivotal and some others have 700mb or other layers but i found this one useful because it did like 600-800 vertically averaged frontogensis, tagging @Ginx snewx as well

I've been in contact with Walt and the hope is it will be fixed soon. 

I've been mostly using the 700 fronto on the NAM on cod or TT. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I think this is a pretty tough forecast for CT. I guess though it depends on what one is expecting in terms of snowfall totals but I would hedge towards the lower side of the spectrum. 

Take em down? Mesos always do this with southern streamers and they are almost always correct. 

3 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Ya NAMs are heavy snow to Canada .. Enjoy it.  Always fun for a last second positive trend, sucks for us but we can handle it we are more prone and used to it.. 

Brian is in a better position where he is then over this way, I'm not expecting more then 3-6" right now unless other guidance tickle north, Lows moving ENE if then dont get to the Capes Lat don't bode very well here.

6 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

You can get fronto on TT. You can do x-sections of it as well although I never figured it out on a tablet…seems you need a mouse.

This is still the nam , so I wouldn’t put that much weight into it 

did have a faster secondary vort that caught first piece just in time to get a CCB going for E SNE and SE CNE. Mid levels strengthened quite a bit between 18z and 21z and CCB got established for a few 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Take em down? Mesos always do this with southern streamers and they are almost always correct. 

One concern I've always had with this is where will your subsidence zone be? Anytime you are dealing with CCB you're going to have a subsidence zone. I was thinking some days ago we could see two fronto bands develop (one north closer to 700 warm front and one just north of the sfc low). Then it was a question would these two converge, and where? 

I think the one thing we have to watch is how organized this storm becomes...how tightly wrapped do the 850 and 700 lows get? As the system is developing and strengthening, the fronto band is going to be far removed from the lows...so this makes sense that dendrite's area could be in a great spot. But as or if things tighten, we would see the banding drop south, closer to the lows. This is going to be important when looking for the higher amounts across Connecticut. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This is still the nam , so I wouldn’t put that much weight into it 

did have a faster secondary vort that caught first piece just in time to get a CCB going for E SNE and SE CNE

Hate to say it but that 850 inflow on the NAM is impressive 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Hopefully I didn’t trigger any canines with that post. The cc reference was just sarcasm. Please don’t bite me.

don't worry, he will be full after he eats all the chickens.

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

When the model runs are good there is a dopamine drip

But remember when they aren’t there is the weather weenie hot line, we are fully staffed give us a call ..before you scream at wife or kids 

A quick 3 min ice bath with juice those dopamine levels after the model shifts. 

• Like 1