• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

With the western trough weaker it seems to me this is may want move a bit flatter so you want that confluence out of the way , so it can gain latitude and slide E/ENE

people mentioned a trailing SW also helping, how is that 

I'm not sure if it helped much, I was just curious about that and what it might do.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

What happened to the nice high funneling in cold air?

For the cold solution I think you wanted The stronger confluence and the deeper west trough combo. That way you’re closer to the cold source but the deeper trough in west helped the confluence from dominating and crushing this  ?. Sorta thread the needle for SE mass to crush . Still seems solid 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

What happened to the nice high funneling in cold air?

Winds go more east. It's cold aloft, but even that track on the GFS is a little close. I think it's good for now, but that would be taint city if it budged more NW.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Winds go more east. It's cold aloft, but even that track on the GFS is a little close. I think it's good for now, but that would be taint city if it budged more NW.

Coast and SE areas don’t want that low gaining too much latitude before it slides ENE due to onshore flow. Gotta keep it a bit south. 

That’s actually true for everyone but interior has a lot more wiggle room for how close the sfc low gets. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Question is whether some of those lows are over my head now lol

Pretty tight cluster on northern edge but none of them get inland. EPS had a couple onshore in CT but most of them stayed S of LI and all of them do on the GEFS save maybe one right near it. There is a northern extent to this because of the trough out west and the confluence up north. 

Here 12z GEFS. 

IMG_0006.png

IMG_0007.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

looks like some of the members are going to be monster hits for the interior but yeah, an evident shift north of the GEFS.

4-5 day range, goal posts are still fairly wide.....Hopefully this thing doesn't end up kissing the Hudson Valley.....keep it somehow south of LI

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pretty tight cluster on northern edge but none of them get inland. EPS had a couple onshore in CT but most of them stayed S of LI and all of them do on the GEFS save maybe one right near it. There is a northern extent to this because of the trough out west and the confluence up north. 

Here 12z GEFS. 

IMG_0006.png

IMG_0007.png

Excellent. That’s still nice on the ensembles. Apologies to Groton weenies. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Here 12z GEFS. 

IMG_0006.png

IMG_0007.png

Pretty interesting to see the major divergence between 114 and 120 there. Tells you where the spread begins to evolve with this system.

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

4-5 day range, goal posts are still fairly wide.....Hopefully this thing doesn't end up kissing the Hudson Valley.....keep it somehow south of LI

Yup goal posts are still pretty wide for sure...although still not wide enough for Chad Ryland 

• Haha 2