• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

Runs against blitzes can end up TD’s. You don’t typically send more than one in any gap. Simple football, block down kick out. Quick routes to covered receivers can quickly lead to pick sixes too, especially if you don’t recognize the coverage. If you are the number one rushing team in the league, you run the ball. Period. I still think it was the lack of discipline across the board that ultimately cost them.

Yea, but how much of that running is Lamar? I think they threw him off. Overall, they should have mixed it up. Now I want to watch the game again lol. I’m a basketball guy, but football is my 2nd. I still think the Ravens will be back.

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Well MacDonald is the new HC for the Seahawks. Good for them.

We stuck with stale Harbaugh who rarely seems to be prepared when it counts the most.

man the washington franchise has nothing to offer a decent prospective coach

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

That sucks. Just get some rest and take care of yourself however you normally do it. People like to give advice, but I feel like everyone knows how they best recover from viruses like this (especially now that COVID is endemic and hitting similarly to flu/cold).

Wife and I got it for the first time at the end of last January and it kicked my ass for a few days. We think we *might* have had it a few weeks ago (upon reflection after the fact), but it wasn't that bad so we never tested (oops).

Hope you feel better soon!

It’s def not fun to have. But I’m glad I checked to be sure as I don’t want my family to get it.  Or I hope they don’t. Will do everything they say to and just try to enjoy 5 days isolation. At least I’m not missing any snow!!  Har har

10 minutes ago, H2O said:

It’s def not fun to have. But I’m glad I checked to be sure as I don’t want my family to get it.  Or I hope they don’t. Will do everything they say to and just try to enjoy 5 days isolation. At least I’m not missing any snow!!  Har har

Feel better fast. Sometimes some alone time isn't the worst. 

28 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Well MacDonald is the new HC for the Seahawks. Good for them.

We stuck with stale Harbaugh who rarely seems to be prepared when it counts the most.

Stale isn't the right word...he still resonates with the players. Chemistry and leadership is not the problem with him at all. It's one thing: abandoning the run for no reason. Like literally that's  the biggest thing, and a few on-field decisions. It's a weird problem...how you be so good yet so bad in that is beyond me.

Now here's the logistical prproblem with them firing him this off-season to promote MM: That decision would've had to be made in two days. That would have to be a decision made at the beginning of the year or earlier in the season, imo Harbs was not on the hot seat this year...so how could they have made that decision on a whim?

22 minutes ago, CAPE said:

At least we won't lose Monken after the AFC championship fiasco. :ph34r:

Firing him would be a bad idea. You don't do that after 1 year just because of this...especially not when literally everything else on offense got better this year. He had a bad game at a bad time...ya don't give him the boot just for that.

4 hours ago, cbmclean said:

I must admit I miss your old name.  Zugzwang captures so perfectly the essence of being a snow weenie south of the Mason-Dixon line: doesn't matter which direction the storm moves, it's a fail.

Haha, I guess that's true, it sure does feel like that many times for snow!  And kudos for recognizing the meaning of the chess term ("obligation to move" but it puts you in a worse position!)...gotta love those German words for things!

8 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Dang...have the Ravens become...a national embarrassment? Smh The way people are talking about us it sure does feel like it. Man I don't play but I identify with the team and I feel that mess, smh Where's my brown paper bag?

The Cowboys are a national embarrassment. They do less with more than any franchise in football. The Ravens will be fine. 

4 hours ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

God's sake, even with every blasted model showing a highly favorable and amazing pattern toward the middle of February into the first part March or so, you still have awful downer posts in the medium range thread!  I swear, some people really should be five-posted.

Debs unite!

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ima3lubu6opappv5c

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The Cowboys are a national embarrassment. They do less with more than any franchise in football. The Ravens will be fine. 

Debs unite!

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ima3lubu6opappv5c

Hey I'm not debbing anything in the LR thread. I'm trying to make changes there. And are you even a Ravens fan? (I forget now since you moved)

29 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Hey I'm not debbing anything in the LR thread. I'm trying to make changes there. And are you even a Ravens fan? (I forget now since you moved)

The Deb thing was more a joke—not pointed at anyone. 

Answer below but I’ve rooted for a truly terrible franchise long enough that I’d be frustrated but far from despondent with the Ravens. 

26 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You obviously haven't grown up as a Cleveland sports fan!!! LOL!!!!  They've had plenty of teams that were embarrassments!

I’m a Raiders fan. 

la-xpm-photo-2013-jul-03-la-sp-sn-jamarc

07-Y-RAIDERS-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75

AP23295770874926-scaled.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ruin said:

im a bit north of you guys sadly when I looked forward to 15 most days have highs in the upper 40s and low 50s. unless something changes I dont even think the rest of the winter does any thing but mild. i was thankful we finally got a bit of snow this winter tho

Hey man are you trying to ruin the vibe in here....oh wait...nevermind 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Natives are going to get restless if the ops don’t start showing some consistent hits in the LR. 

I suspect we will start seeing posts saying the gfs op at 300 hours shows 50 degrees or the 540 line on the op is in Toronto at hr 384

And what if Terps prediction of 9 cutters before the pattern change is accurate? 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

We’ve shoveled some epic pattern this year. Even more than the epic pattern chases of winter of ‘21. Can’t wait to gather the young’uns in the village when I am a respected elder and spin them the tales of all the blues and reds in the right places and glorious that was. 

“did it snow?” the kids will ask

”oh my no” I will chuckle - “ but my god , did you not hear me? The pattern!”

• Like 1