Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2024 Banter

George BM

42 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

There's a ticking time bomb in the long range thread lol

No kidding!  It goes from some decent discussion on how things could look pretty good the 2nd half of this month (and beyond?) to how everything just sucks and we're doomed no matter what.  Drives me insane (not that I had far to go, hahaha!).  There seems to be two lines of conversation in there...one talking about the upcoming few weeks, and another discussing how the longer term trends are all but unfavorable no matter what.  Personally, I'm just looking and hoping for some decent or better chances as this winter progresses...I understand the longer term tendencies but at this point does it matter whether or not we can "catch up to the long term snow normals?"  We all know how that's changed over time, but can't we just look at this winter in relative isolation and try to find some positive signs for decent snow, without relating it to the overall long term climo???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

I have IKON not EPIC lol so we are looking at opposite mountains.  But one of my best college friends has a place in southern VT so it was an easy choice.  

If you were going up to PA for a mountain not on your pass and you care about the skiing, Elk is by far the best ski mountain in PA.  It's a little further, north of Scranton.  

I considered Elk. I'd like to check it out one day.

But I think tomorrow I'll be at Whitetail. Meanwhile southern VT will be getting crushed so hope you enjoy that!

2 minutes ago, Scraff said:

The SBFI Index is now in its negative phase. It’s a pretty sad look from just a few weeks ago. We need a winter storm beer pattern reshuffle. If only @psuhoffmanand @Jebmancould tell us how to turn this around, we could save the winter (but definitely not my liver) :lol:

IMG_8765.jpeg

Well you need to turn it positive. Get at least three hundred different IPA's. Pile them up like snowdrifts up in there. I GUARANTEE you will see a massive change in the indices and have massive snowstorms shellack the entire Mid Atlantic! Enjoy all the snow you DESERVE!

EVERYONE in the Mid Atlantic needs to do this! Elevate the SBFI Index all over the region!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

The SBFI Index is now in its negative phase. It’s a pretty sad look from just a few weeks ago. We need a winter storm beer pattern reshuffle. If only @psuhoffmanand @Jebmancould tell us how to turn this around, we could save the winter (but definitely not my liver) :lol:

IMG_8765.jpeg

The problem is the base state of your beer fridge has changed such that the alcohol content isn't what it was years ago.  We cannot use beer analogs that we did in the past.  I don't even see the Laughing Cow cheese in there, and to me that's telling.  In all years that the SBFI was strongly positive, that cheese was in there.  I'm seriously concerned what this can mean for future parties at your house.  They just won't be the same.  That gap on the bottom shelf on the right near the Sprite, never would occur with all those fine IPAs on the shelf above!  In previous winters, we could expect the IPAs to overcome that.  But here we are.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we'll never drink beer again!  But those who don't care to read the next 6 paragraphs (not included) can just stop here and I'll leave them with an artificial beer buzz.  Those who care to remain in the reality based refrigerator, however, please read on...:lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

3 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The problem is the base state of your beer fridge has changed such that the alcohol content isn't what it was years ago.  We cannot use beer analogs that we did in the past.  I don't even see the Laughing Cow cheese in there, and to me that's telling.  In all years that the SBFI was strongly positive, that cheese was in there.  I'm seriously concerned what this can mean for future parties at your house.  They just won't be the same.  That gap on the bottom shelf on the right near the Sprite, never would occur with all those fine IPAs on the shelf above!  In previous winters, we could expect the IPAs to overcome that.  But here we are.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we'll never drink beer again!  But those who don't care to read the next 6 paragraphs (not included) can just stop here and I'll leave them with an artificial beer buzz.  Those who care to remain in the reality based refrigerator, however, please read on...:lol:

Now, THAT'S CLASSIC! LMAO!!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don’t have enough tissues left in the box to wipe the tears of laughter…

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Did we just become best friends?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

He made a severe weather one as well??  Don't think I ever saw it, so yeah if you find that one it would be great!

Randy didn't, no, but there is a YouTube parody along the same lines with severe weather

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic