Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

My envelope for this storm was 0-12" but I've since narrowed it down to 0-5"

It needs to cover grass or it’s a bust…it’s the law of the land with southern stream systems, though I make exceptions to rogue grass blades and sticks.

The Mike Masco twitter drama is something else today. Personally I always thought he was a petty good meteorologist. I have no issues with a simple first call map which is all he issued today. Calling him irresponsible for it seems a little much. But that’s twitter/X. Everyone has to have their own hot take I guess. 

I checked my iPhone weather app for my area, clicked on Saturday, selected Precipitation on the drop down, and wouldn't you know, it's calling for 13" of snow, nearly all of it before midnight Saturday night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

I’m going to start specifying the parts of my posts you aren’t allowed to read. Here I fixed it for you. Try this again. 

Was that really necessary? Some of you have no sensitivity for psychology whatsoever. I just explained my brain (or tried to) just as a way of getting folks to understand my thinking (as I often do)...but sheesh that was a tar and feathering! I KNOW I'm not the only one who worries about stuff sometimes...

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Was that really necessary? Some of you have no sensitivity for psychology whatsoever. I just explained my brain (or tried to) just as a way of getting folks to understand my thinking (as I often do)...but sheesh that was a tar and feathering! I KNOW I'm not the only one who worries about stuff sometimes...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/joke

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Yes I kinda knew it was a joke--but it certainly didn't feel like a harmless one but one meant to embarass/shame for the way I thought about something even after I explained the reason why (the proverbial being laughed at as opposed to laughed with) I was being genuine about my thought process I didn't take it too well when somebody makes light of it.

If you didn't intend that...I apologize. Overreacted

I once speculated several years ago when I started to notice how much more difficult it was becoming for snow to accumulate on pavement what it would be like to get something like 10" of snow and none of it accumulate on the street or sidewalks.  I feel bad for plow drivers, shovel makers and the ice melt companies. :(

Changed getting the U-Haul for this weekend from Saturday at 8 am back to Friday at 2 pm. But i made that change yesterday around noon. Was that change responsible for the good runs at 0z or the bad runs just now at 6z?

(wait)

(what?)

I am being informed that such things do not impact whether it snows or not. 

5 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

These 6z runs are way too drastic of a shift there's definitely something wonky or perhaps last night was the wonky but still...something smells 

but trends!

• Haha 1

You know what really grinds my gears? Any and all references to "NE MD" or "Mason Dixon Line" being snow max areas. Time for a geography and climo lesson. This area in Yellow is NE MD near MD line and its gets as much snow as DC/Baltimore; maybe less.

Can we instead please use the term "north and west of the cities" to describe snow max areas? This is what New Jersey does in reference to being north and west of NYC and it works great!

THANK YOU!

MDLINE.JPG

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic