• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

Sunday is going to be a nowcasting event and has tremendous bust chances in both directions. Even if it worked out verbatim like the GFS/NAM show it’s still going to come down to exactly where and when the band pivots. We shall see if confidence increases the next two days. Still lots of time to go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

That second wave. It's becoming stronger a stronger dampening out the first wave. Something to watch like tip said yesterday in here. If it trends stronger city gets in on the goods 

This is hilarious and never will happen with marginal temps and all that but even half of this at 5:1 would be amazing for most. 

I think NWS is playing it smart with the WSW for morris county of 4-8: https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=NJZ008&warncounty=NJC027&firewxzone=NJZ008&local_place1=Morristown NJ&product1=Winter+Storm+Watch&lat=40.7979&lon=-74.4782

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, David-LI said:

You just got NAM'D!!

(Now seriously, this is not happening lol, go home NAM you're drunk)

sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.png

We always knew it'd come.  

NAM'oliscious!

but leave it...like as in walking my dog past a McDonalds cheeseburger wrapper left on the ground......leave it...leave it...

• Haha 3

Never ever trust the NAM past 48, especially in involved setups such as this.  In general the NAM is to be trusted when it shows virtually no run to run changes...see January 2016 or February 2010 when that thing did not budge one inch on its idea from 84 hours in.  Any time its moving all over its useless

• Like 6

One thing I can tell you about the 18z 3k NAM is that it indicates about a 6 hour period in NYC and surrounding areas of moderate to heavy snow Saturday night before any mixing issues. Even at 04z NYC is at 33 degrees but soundings show the column below freezing so it would still be snow. After 05z there’s a warm nose around 750mb which would cause sleet to mix in.

4 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

He weenie'd your post showing the nws snow forecast

Weird flex but I don’t take it personally. They’re is a reason they have their degrees and were casual observers (most of us). But posting colorful maps gets more interest despite being wildly misleading. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinions, just not facts *shrug*

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BoulderWX said:

Weird flex but I don’t take it personally. They’re is a reason they have their degrees and were casual observers (most of us). But posting colorful maps gets more interest despite being wildly misleading. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinions, just not facts *shrug*

Also this FWIW…. Subject to change of course as new guidance rolls in.. 

image.png.1f3625b2b4c6469aff1f113a04907096.png

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BoulderWX said:

wut…?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Rgem is also colder and further south and east.

The RGEM generally is too amped and west at 72-84 9 out of 10 so I would expect it to come somewhat E-S on the next few runs.  It used to be over amped past 36-40 but its usually okay now up til 66-72.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Never ever trust the NAM past 48, especially in involved setups such as this.  In general the NAM is to be trusted when it shows virtually no run to run changes...see January 2016 or February 2010 when that thing did not budge one inch on its idea from 84 hours in.  Any time its moving all over its useless

24-36 may be the max for set ups like this since they stopped updating the model after March 2017.

https://www.weather.gov/media/nws/Public_release_notes_NAM.v4.0.pdf

• Like 2

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic