• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

I’ve had snow flakes in the air four straight days with nothing to show for it.

We have had flour flakes like a sprinkle here and there and our ground is a grassy tundra of blah… I thought it couldn’t get worse than last year

4 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Still a nice wintery scene across the high points Burlington, CT... Sunday's 4" snow/sleet holding tight and solid glaze from several freezing rain on trees, etc... My Rainwise anemometer still encased in ice!

PXL_20240131_202447863.jpg

PXL_20240131_194735995.jpg

PXL_20240131_194634021.jpg

Geeze, I’m only 20 miles south of you yet it looks like you live in a different country. Looks like March 31st here geese are out not a snow pile in sight. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Geeze, I’m only 20 miles south of you yet it looks like you live in a different country. Looks like March 31st here geese are out not a snow pile in sight. 

1,140' will do that... Today I drove to Waterbury for expert witness testimony and there was nary a flake on the ground down there...

• Like 1

Saw the cloud deck was beginning to lift, so I decided to take a 15 min drive to where the wealthy keep their homes. That's lake Sunapee down below. The photos were taken from my truck at about 2000ft. Different world up there in terms of tree species, icing, the whole winter vibe in general. When it's really clear you can see nearly all the big VT ski resorts. You can also see the White Mountains including Washington to the north. Will try to get back up there on a clear day. (edit: because I forgot to mention, this is Newbury, NH.)

20240131_152752_Resize.jpg

20240131_152819_Resize.jpg

20240131_152904_Resize.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Saw the cloud deck was beginning to lift, so I decided to take a 15 min drive to where the wealthy keep their homes. That's lake Sunapee down below. The photos were taken from my truck at about 2000ft. Different world up there in terms of tree species, icing, the whole winter vibe in general. When it's really clear you can see nearly all the big VT ski resorts. You can also see the White Mountains including Washington to the north. Will try to get back up there on a clear day.

20240131_152752_Resize.jpg

20240131_152819_Resize.jpg

20240131_152904_Resize.jpg

It’s been an amazing three days in central New Hampshire. In terms of the scenery and your pictures capture it really well. Tomorrow the next day, the snow will start to fall from those trees, but in the meantime, let’s keep enjoying it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

It’s been an amazing three days in central New Hampshire. In terms of the scenery and your pictures capture it really well. Tomorrow the next day, the snow will start to fall from those trees, but in the meantime, let’s keep enjoying it.

It really has, and thanks! I'm hoping I can get a shot with the ice up there but also have a clear view into VT over the next couple days. Unfortunately I don't think it'll end up happening that way though. Aviation weather wants to keep the low clouds for a while.

9 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You have double Greenfield and Brattleboro.   Another elevation winter. 

@HoarfrostHubb

I actually need to amend that. You and INeedSnow may have more snow in January then Mitch does at 2000 feet in Southwest Vermont. 

it’s an elevation and location winter.

edit: I know that is true every winter but in your typical New England winter, the northern Worcester hills would  not be out performing the southern green mountains.

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

@HoarfrostHubb

I actually need to amend that. You and INeedSnow may have more snow in January then Mitch does at 2000 feet in Southwest Vermont. 

it’s an elevation and location winter.

edit: I know that is true every winter but in your typical New England winter, the northern Worcester hills would  not be out performing the southern green mountains.

He’s doubled my total at 15.75”. Well in and well up 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 512high said:

Ok, matter of hours before this month is history, no need to return to this thread, on to February  and hopefully we all cash in....

Month may be over but I’m sure the endless clouds will carry right on over!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torch Tiger said:

Yeah was in Holliston /Ashland today, decent pack above like 300-500' with trees still caked, maybe 2.5-3". below that looked rough

There’s def a big difference over just 100-200 feet of elevation. The lowest parts of town have less than half of what we have here. 

• Like 1