Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

2 hours ago, alex said:

Cutters are hard for us, other than the fact that we still usually end up with decent cover from the follow up upslope. We’ve had some really “good” cutter for pack building but they seem to be a thing of the past. That said, GYX sounds optimistic. 

IMG_0522.jpeg

I think our area may get skunked by the warm air. The storm before the big flood, Bartlett/Attitash got about a foot and CAD held strong. For us, that warm air came flooding in from the CT River Valley and then right down RT 302 and we got about 2 inches and then went immediately to rain. Bartlett may just cash in again

8 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Rain , of course, Wednesday, but room for positive trends with respect to the weekend. I think we will see it trend, but how much (enough)?

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2024/01/active-january-pattern-to-continue.html

I should be at Pit 2---I suspect being further east my offset the fact that I'm further north.  We'll see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heisy said:

If we can get a piece of the TPV to break off into 50/50 land and see that trend progress the 16-17th event could be a huge one.

Is there something close to that possibility, or are you just speculating on what would make something like that work? 

I know I’ll sound like a weenie, but if we see this trend continue in 50/50 land (look at the improvement in Lower heights in this area 00z eps vs 12z ) this event has historic potential with the amount of energy diving SE. if you get a mechanism to hold down the LP off the coast wow…9537664dbd74d0d164092a6db8525d02.gif

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Heisy said:

I know I’ll sound like a weenie, but if we see this trend continue in 50/50 land (look at the improvement in Lower heights in this area 00z eps vs 12z ) this event has historic potential with the amount of energy diving SE. if you get a mechanism to hold down the LP off the coast wow…9537664dbd74d0d164092a6db8525d02.gif

At least there’s some potential there. 

22 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Is there something close to that possibility, or are you just speculating on what would make something like that work? 

Close enough to my identified timeframe from early November.

A NESIS caliber storm is likely during the window between approximately January 22 and February 5

Seems to have some large scale tele support.

• Like 3