Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS not really biting on 1/5 for a big solution. Does have a general light snow over much of New England though. Maybe 1-2” for many. 

I’d definitely take 1-2” at this point.  I said they in my previous post.  Gets us on the board, and provides at least some wintry vibes.  We take.  

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

Epic flock of geese spotted in Newington. Close the shades to February.

I realize your tuggin' winter enthusiast pubes with this statement and it's all fun and all.  Just the same, I saw geese in V formation communicating overhead in the midst of that 2017 March Nor'easter, not 10 minutes after there were two lightning flashes and the reporting thunder ... At the time it was S borderline S+ vis in the 1/3 mi range. 31 F   I was like, 'whaaaa -' 

I'm able to recall all that because in the moment it was just too weird - like one of those 'where were you when -' moments. Seeing them fly over,  apparently they absolutely couldn't miss their flight so they had to risk it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gfs wasn’t bad looking on the 8th either at this stage.

That northern stream s/w Friday night has been trending stronger and it becomes a pretty strong 50/50 low. It even retrogrades a bit this run. I’d love to weaken that or kick it out faster to lessen the confluence.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gfs was close but not biting. We watch. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Gfs wasn’t bad looking on the 8th either at this stage.

coastal areas favored, but agree on both.    Things are looking up IMO.  Folks need to let these last few passing showers wash them clean of 2023.