• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate-High Impact Storm Noon Sun Dec 17, 2023 - 4PM Mon Dec 18. Flooding rain I95 corridor northwestward, coastal tidal flooding, brief periods of damaging 50 MPH+ wind gusts LI/CT Monday, ends as a little wet snow interior elevations Tue morning.

wdrag

3 hours ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

Thanks

After the tropical storm in August of 2020 we had no power for two weeks. After that I bought a champion generator and had an electrician do an outdoor hookup.

Was 8 or 9 days without power here after Isiais.  Got through it fine, but if this was real winter (which it isn't) this time of year would be much more problematic.

I went backpacking right in the middle of the 2020 outage.  Seemed like a good way to go without power, especially since it was "work".

17 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

This seems like a meaningless post…. 

Just important to note that there is a lot of time before the northern fringe of the storm actually hits and that rain hours earlier than expected probably isnt an indication that:

1. the storm has arrived early

2. forecasts are wrong

3. the storm will be worse than thought

It may be any of those things, but the band of rain over NJ isnt reason to call Noah yet. But as I said when I flew through it last night, there is plenty of rain and wind headed to NYC :)

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

FFE's now being issued along the SC Coast.
Flash Flood Statement National Weather Service Wilmington NC 131 PM EST Sun Dec 17 2023 SCC043-172215- /O.CON.KILM.FF.W.0013.000000T0000Z-231217T2215Z/ /00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/ Georgetown SC- 131 PM EST Sun Dec 17 2023 ...FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY FOR EASTERN GEORGETOWN COUNTY... ...FLASH FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 515 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON FOR GEORGETOWN COUNTY... At 131 PM EST, Emergency management reported heavy rain across the warned area. Between 4.5 and 7 inches of rain have fallen. Flash flooding is already occurring. Water rescues have been reported. This is a FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY for Eastern Georgetown County. This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. SEEK HIGHER GROUND NOW! HAZARD...Life threatening flash flooding. Heavy rain producing flash flooding. SOURCE...Emergency management reported. IMPACT...This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. SEEK HIGHER GROUND NOW! Life threatening flash flooding of low water crossings, small creeks and streams, urban areas, highways, streets and underpasses. Some locations that will experience flash flooding include... Georgetown, DeBordieu Colony, Pawleys Island, Yawkey South Island, Winyah Bay Entrance, Murrells Inlet, Graves, Oatland, Sampit, Plantersville, North Santee, Rhems, Litchfield Beach, Lambert and Georgetown Memorial Hospital.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Coastal flood warnings expanded by Upton:

...COASTAL FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 4 PM EST
MONDAY...

* WHAT...1 to 2 ft of inundation above ground level is
  likely in vulnerable areas near the waterfront and shoreline
  with the Monday midday high tide.

* WHERE...In New Jersey, Hudson, Eastern Bergen, Eastern Essex
  and Eastern Union Counties. In New York, Richmond (Staten
  Island) and Kings (Brooklyn) Counties.

* WHEN...From 10 AM to 4 PM EST Monday. Widespread minor to
  moderate flooding is expected with the Monday afternoon high
  tide.

29 minutes ago, weathermedic said:

Coastal flood warnings expanded by Upton:

...COASTAL FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 4 PM EST
MONDAY...

* WHAT...1 to 2 ft of inundation above ground level is
  likely in vulnerable areas near the waterfront and shoreline
  with the Monday midday high tide.

* WHERE...In New Jersey, Hudson, Eastern Bergen, Eastern Essex
  and Eastern Union Counties. In New York, Richmond (Staten
  Island) and Kings (Brooklyn) Counties.

* WHEN...From 10 AM to 4 PM EST Monday. Widespread minor to
  moderate flooding is expected with the Monday afternoon high
  tide.

Post the one for the island. 5 feet of storm surge and 16 foot breakers. Yikes. 

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Feels like snow

The funny part is that reading about 2-4, 3-6, up to as much as 7, on December 17th, if I just stumbled in here I would be sure we were talking about snow totals.

Looks like we're going to be thisclose to getting our new obligatory, irritating, annual Christmas week 60 degree reading tomorrow.

• Rjay unpinned this topic