• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate-High Impact Storm Noon Sun Dec 17, 2023 - 4PM Mon Dec 18. Flooding rain I95 corridor northwestward, coastal tidal flooding, brief periods of damaging 50 MPH+ wind gusts LI/CT Monday, ends as a little wet snow interior elevations Tue morning.

wdrag

6 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Need these maps to show 100mph to get strong winds in reality

Agreed, I’d never take a wind map at face value. I’d knock 20-30 mph off the maps. Still getting wind gusts around 50-60mph. With saturated ground should be enough to drop trees and large limbs over Long Island I am sure. 

I am going to wait until dinner time to make the call but I am leaning towards temporarily taking the Christmas decorations down from my roof,,,,I mean even if the winds verified at half as strong as depicted on those maps and they could be 35mph with higher gusts N n W of NYC and I would rather be safe than sorry. I will see what the models are showing later today to make my final call but im leaning towards caution

3 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

I am going to wait until dinner time to make the call but I am leaning towards temporarily taking the Christmas decorations down from my roof,,,,I mean even if the winds verified at half as strong as depicted on those maps and they could be 35mph with higher gusts N n W of NYC and I would rather be safe than sorry. I will see what the models are showing later today to make my final call but im leaning towards caution

Keep us updated

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Leave Santa out there so he can have an early start to delivering gifts if he gets swept away .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

Oof. That would be horrific combined with those winds. Could be looking at March 2010 type event for the island 

That was a BIG eevent. Lived on the south shore in Western Suffolk at the time. Now out in the country of Central PA..might see a wind gust of 30 if lucky. Be safe,guys!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Leave Santa out there so he can have an early start to delivering gifts if he gets swept away .

Anthony He and the team are already down on the earth,,,I didn't wait until tonight,,,,,ps last week the winds were gusting to 30 and we had issues so even though I took precautions last week and looking and not trusting these maps I figured better safe than sorry

15 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Globals more east though trending west, mesos are west. Given the dynamics with powerful LLJ I'd favor the mesos. 

Eastern half of NJ, NYC and LI will get a beat down. 

Yep, not good news in terms of wind here with the last minute west trends. It’ll diminish the rain threat here, but places that upslope on SE winds will probably get 3-5”. 

• Weenie 1

58 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Globals more east though trending west, mesos are west. Given the dynamics with powerful LLJ I'd favor the mesos. 

Eastern half of NJ, NYC and LI will get a beat down. 

Costal flooding and large breaking waves gonna cause an issue as well. Reminding me of that storm the day before Xmas eve last year but with wind 

• Rjay unpinned this topic