Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

10 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

It’s delivering the goods about 5 miles NE of Harrisburg.. we just got a special weather statement indicating up to 3”/hour in spots.. I’ve picked up an additional 1.5 since midnight.

The 511 cams on US 322/22 on both sides of the Duncannon bridge look like they’re getting pounded too, as well as the rest of that stretch down to I-81. 

17 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This band near Harrisburg means business.

i am up to 6.5 of snow in Marysville with moderate snow ongoing at 1:20 am.

Wow, it was about 2 hrs ago or so you posted that you were working on your first inch. 

5 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Wow, it was about 2 hrs ago or so you posted that you were working on your first inch. 

Yes, it was remarkable.

I looked out a few times & it was ripping snow in that band.  The fluff factor was high. I needed to go out at this late hour to verify what I thought that I was eyeballing.

I was pleasantly surprised at the 6.5. I have a decent chance to reach 8 with a couple of hours to go even with the lightened up current rate.

13 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, it was remarkable.

I looked out a few times & it was ripping snow in that band.  The fluff factor was high. I needed to go out at this late hour to verify what I thought that I was eyeballing.

I was pleasantly surprised at the 6.5. I have a decent chance to reach 8 with a couple of hours to go even with the lightened up current rate.

There’s been some half decent back building on PBZ radar. Starting to have a more NW-SE component to its movement. Have to see how well that translates over the mountains to the Sus Valley. 

1 hour ago, Ruin said:

cant really sleep roads side walks are just still wet only now started laying on the grass? lol 

Yeah, I am not that far south from Harrisburg live in Northern York and have a massive inch of snow. Road and sidewalks just wet. A lot of models showed a screw zone and I think we found it. Ohh well onto the next. 

2 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

Yeah, I am not that far south from Harrisburg live in Northern York and have a massive inch of snow. Road and sidewalks just wet. A lot of models showed a screw zone and I think we found it. Ohh well onto the next. 

just amazes me 9 times out of 10 the models are right about screwing my area haha. 1 times out of 10 do we bust high o well. Looking at radar back end is all rdy here always ends so much faster. then models show 

3 hours ago, mitchnick said:

You constantly say nasty shit to him and you know full well history. He is respectful with his posts and you are not. PERIOD!

I posted the whole exchange so you can stop this BS nonsense. He made a false statement. Myself and several others corrected him. I have no idea where your personal and intentionally misleading attack came from but knock it off. 

Eyeballing about 2" but nothing concrete or road has snow on it.  Going to go down (here) as one of the worst WSW events ever.  Not the NWS's fault.  Modeling pulled the rug.   Light snow and 30.   Two WSW's in a week and the combined snow from both events is less than 6"    @Chris78 any better there?  @WaynesboroWX

The Icon Storm.  PD3:  Pretty Damn Depressing X3.   Congrats to Blizz.  Did not see any other posts of verifying WSW yet except to the East of this Forum.  Maybe Accuchris did.   Or the Pillow area. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Eyeballing about 2" but nothing concrete or road has snow on it.  Going to go down (here) as one of the worst WSW events ever.  Not the NWS's fault.  Modeling pulled the rug.   Light snow and 30.   Two WSW's in a week and the combined snow from both events is less than 6"    @Chris78 any better there?  @WaynesboroWX

2.9”.  Bust 

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Icon Storm.  PD3:  Pretty Damn Depressing X3.   Congrats to Blizz.  Did not see any other posts of verifying WSW yet except to the East of this Forum.  Maybe Accuchris did.   Or the Pillow area. 

Definitely a bust 

6" total for the week.

Don't get me wrong 6" of snow over a 5 day stretch is great but My forecast was for 3 to 6 on Tuesday and 4 to 8 last night. 

6" is a little underwhelming.

Oh well. Here's  to hoping for 1 more storm.

• Like 1

5.2” is the final total here. Temp has fallen back to 23.5ºF

My snow forecast looked like it did okay mostly.

1881381667_216snowmap.thumb.png.c547a9376089423e29f70a260cef1b79.png

Obviously that impressive FGEN band really overachieved in a narrow stripe that carried all the way to the east and to the south in the LSV below Harrisburg it underachieved. I basically expected a general 3-5” and highlighted that dashed area to cover the expected area that narrow band was going to set up somewhere within, so I caught some of it and was a bit south overall and didn’t stretch it enough. And then came up short in a corridor just below the band in the southern tier. Dynamics and temps aloft were as advertised as evidenced by the fluff bomb that ensued within the band but didn’t expect surface temps to be the issue that they ended up being.

Also didn’t realize that LWX had upped their totals to 5-8” in a large swath of their northern CWA yesterday prior to the event starting. That’s a brutal bust for them down there. 

• Like 1