• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discobs 2023

George BM

Anyone feel/hear a very loud rumble which lasted about 3 seconds at approximately 3:45?  the house shook, and others a few miles away felt it as well.  USGS has no earthquake listed, so just curious. 

@Eskimo Joe, Any fire activity that you know of? My mother usually calls me when something close comes over the scanner, but she didn't.

32 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Anyone feel/hear a very loud rumble which lasted about 3 seconds at approximately 3:45?  the house shook, and others a few miles away felt it as well.  USGS has no earthquake listed, so just curious. 

@Eskimo Joe, Any fire activity that you know of? My mother usually calls me when something close comes over the scanner, but she didn't.

Where were you when this happened?

I was down around Woodstock, VA today working. Which is 30 or so miles south of Winchester, and I saw snow covered mountains to the west. That is rare in December and usually means a good winter. I have been watching flakes of some kind fall off and on for a week. I know PSU hasnt gotten his inch. But I am feeling like we get obliterated at least once this winter. It just FEELS like it to me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I was down around Woodstock, VA today working. Which is 30 or so miles south of Winchester, and I saw snow covered mountains to the west. That is rare in December and usually means a good winter. I have been watching flakes of some kind fall off and on for a week. I know PSU hasnt gotten his inch. But I am feeling like we get obliterated at least once this winter. It just FEELS like it to me. 

hate to be that guy but that use to be pretty common place in Dec (at least in the Central Shenandoah Valley looking west).

10 hours ago, pazzo83 said:
hate to be that guy but that use to be pretty common place in Dec (at least in the Central Shenandoah Valley looking west).

I grew up in the 80s and it made me think snow was basically to be expected every winter. Pretty solid 3 months of it. There were hits and misses, but snow was definitely a theme.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic