Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2023

George BM

27 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

“Base State: A New Normal (TM)”

Why do folks kinda bristled at the term base state, though? I mean...if you start seeing things you can't quite explain...wouldn't that mean some kind of pre-existing state may be to blame? Like if it worked 10 years ago but doesn't now...isn't that something to be considered?

So my job is affected directly by the changes our world is seeing and I have to deal with it on a regular basis so I am fully aware of and believe in the fact that things are changing rapidly. My beef in the long range thread isn't about the message its the delivery and constant hammering home and even the arrogance behind its delivery at times. Bedside manner is important if you want a message received properly or else you tend to alienate vs educate. Poor delivery can also expose bias. 

My opinion anyway.

Hope it snows soon with an imperfect track.

To add poor delivery can cause the yelling fire in a crowded theater effect...as being witnessed now by the usual sheep.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

So my job is affected directly by the changes our world is seeing and I have to deal with it on a regular basis so I am fully aware of and believe in the fact that things are changing rapidly. My beef in the long range thread isn't about the message its the delivery and constant hammering home and even the arrogance behind its delivery at times. Bedside manner is important if you want a message received properly or else you tend to alienate vs educate. Poor delivery can also expose bias. 

My opinion anyway.

Hope it snows soon with an imperfect track.

This message should be pinned. This board isn’t full of idiots totally unaware of the world surrounding them, but you wouldn’t know it from the way things are messaged by a select few.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Changed the lyrics from Careless Whisper just a bit- in a George Michael voice-

It’s never gonna snow again
Skis and boots have got no season 
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool
I should've known better than to trust the GFS 
And believe the blizzard it was showing 
So its never gonna snow again 
It doesn’t matter if we’re hoping -

its never gonna snow again - the way it did when we were younger!!!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Interstate said:

Anyone else noticed that any high profile game between the NFC/AFC elites. The AFC has come out on top except for the Bills/Eagles which the Bills should have won. 

eagles beat miami and the chiefs (in kc) as well, and let's be honest, the eagles sorta suck so not sure where you are going with this

2 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Big Lots already canceled winter. I went in there today looking for post-Christmas deals, only to find they had already put out Easter stuff for sale. 

Same for Lowes and Walmart. Went to both today looking for deals on lights for next year, 98% already picked thru or gone, and gardening stuff was rapidly being pushed into the empty shelves that held Christmas stuff just a day or two ago. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Same for Lowes and Walmart. Went to both today looking for deals on lights for next year, 98% already picked thru or gone, and gardening stuff was rapidly being pushed into the empty shelves that held Christmas stuff just a day or two ago. 

Lowes was done with Christmas last week! But I went to Walmart yesterday morning and got a bunch of lights for 50% off.

• Like 3

I always think it's funny how the consumer moans about the timing of holiday merchandise getting put out but starts buying it as soon as it's out. Trust me no retailer is going to waste valuable merchandising space for something that won't move. Enjoy your Valentine's and Easter and passover stuff :hurrbear:

2 hours ago, aldie 22 said:

I always think it's funny how the consumer moans about the timing of holiday merchandise getting put out but starts buying it as soon as it's out. Trust me no retailer is going to waste valuable merchandising space for something that won't move. Enjoy your Valentine's and Easter and passover stuff :hurrbear:

Well I certainly don’t want to buy Easter stuff now. I was frustrated this holiday season with craft stores as most of them down here had already sold out of Christmas stuff we needed by mid-December, and were stocking Valentine’s stuff. The new thing seems to be that we have to buy Christmas stuff around Labor Day I guess lol

3 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Well I certainly don’t want to buy Easter stuff now. I was frustrated this holiday season with craft stores as most of them down here had already sold out of Christmas stuff we needed by mid-December, and were stocking Valentine’s stuff. The new thing seems to be that we have to buy Christmas stuff around Labor Day I guess lol

I think another factor for retail and seasonal merchandise is that they don't want to have much if anything left after the holiday. It costs alot of money to mark stuff down so as little as possible is best thus going out early to run down or out just prior to the holiday...it's all a game trying to figure how much to order

6 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Craft stores get a pass. Because if you want to buy a kit, construct it, assemble it, paint it, wrap it, hang it and/or send it...you have to start in August. Ask any Girl Scout leader.

An inflatable Minion with Santa hat from Home Depot...that's a different thing.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic