Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition

mappy

6 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Why does nws still have this up? Do they enjoy humiliation? Anyway another event that pood the bed. I’m seriously starting to think we never see winter here again to any great degree

ECDAEE59-A23F-4950-A2CB-07743034354F.png

See you at the 1pm Euro run.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Yeah, this was the cherry on top of this dogshit sundae of a winter. 

I feel you...I really do. A decade or so ago, when we would have a bust like we did last night, I was a bear to be around. And would bitch on here, too. But I just can't get that emo about it anymore...and my butt-hurtness about missing out on a storm isn't going to change climo for my location, which (let's face it) just doesn't get that much snow anymore. I'm grateful for our solid week of January winter a few weeks back...two low impact snowstorms within a week. And now, having already heard the spring peepers last week...I'm ready for spring.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I remember the days when we got so much snow that we crashed the message boards, multiple times a year. I wish I could go back to that era of life.

Back in those fun days when it was impossible to keep up, people were so enthusiastic that they were posting two pages a minute lmao. You could tell it was a true FOLKS! snowstorm!

It is wild how much things changed in just 10 years. I don’t know if it’s climate change, or just plain ol bad luck. However, not being able to have a banger of a winter in an El Niño, does not bode well. I really hope this isn’t our new reality, but it very well may be. 

The one saving grace of this winter sucking so bad is that I’m seeing tons of meteorologists rethink their resistance to basic facts like “the ocean is really warm!!!!”

And YES, most of them are coming up with nonsensical justifications like PDO, solar, and other stuff.

But it’s nice that even the contortionists are admitting that the earth is warm AF. Particularly the ocean.

Because that’s a step in the right direction from “WE ARE ENTERING A NEW ICE AGE!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, paulythegun said:

The one saving grace of this winter sucking so bad is that I’m seeing tons of meteorologists rethink their resistance to basic facts like “the ocean is really warm!!!!”

And YES, most of them are coming up with nonsensical justifications like PDO, solar, and other stuff.

But it’s nice that even the contortionists are admitting that the earth is warm AF. Particularly the ocean.

Because that’s a step in the right direction from “WE ARE ENTERING A NEW ICE AGE!”

Just wait til you see what the superheated ocean plus nina is gonna do to tropical this fall. Gonna have some interesting hurricanes to track. I live too far inland to ever be concerned about super hurricanes hitting my backyard. I am quite safe.

Miami, Outer Banks, New Orleans, Washington DC,  well better relocate to much higher ground NOW. It's gonna be hell tryin to evacuate big metropolises in time, especially these days.

• Like 1

Just wait til you see what the superheated ocean plus nina is gonna do to tropical this fall. Gonna have some interesting hurricanes to track. I live too far inland to ever be concerned about super hurricanes hitting my backyard. I am quite safe.
Miami, Outer Banks, New Orleans, Washington DC,  well better relocate to much higher ground NOW. It's gonna be hell tryin to evacuate big metropolises in time, especially these days.

That’s all because of solar cycles! The earth was uninhabitable 1 billion years ago why are people freaking out about a couple degrees???

Just now, paulythegun said:

That’s all because of solar cycles! The earth was uninhabitable 1 billion years ago why are people freaking out about a couple degrees???

I know it's cycles. But this particular warm cycle will wreak a lot of havoc on wildlife, on people and on storms both in winter and in summer.

I love big hurricanes. I live in dc and I wish my home would be destroyed. Sadly, that’s 50-70 years away.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

I feel you...I really do. A decade or so ago, when we would have a bust like we did last night, I was a bear to be around. And would bitch on here, too. But I just can't get that emo about it anymore...and my butt-hurtness about missing out on a storm isn't going to change climo for my location, which (let's face it) just doesn't get that much snow anymore. I'm grateful for our solid week of January winter a few weeks back...two low impact snowstorms within a week. And now, having already heard the spring peepers last week...I'm ready for spring.

I'm looking forward to the spring in part because we did pretty well with bringing up the water table this winter.  Could be a nice looking spring as a result.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

There was a centipede on my wall, and used a large sheet of paper to carry it outside. That thing was fast! I almost fell over because I had to sprint to the door.

I dread the bugs this year...

I dread bugs every year. I use this. Spray it around the perimeter of the house- along the foundation, door sills etc with a garden sprayer. I start in mid March and do it every month or so. Has a long lasting residual. Once it dries its not harmful to humans. You can spray it inside- can be used for bed bugs. Good shit.

https://www.diypestwarehouse.com/products/suspend-sc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic