Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition

mappy

10 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

Only boom there will be is me shittin on my blinds. 

I often wondered how I would explain shitting on my blinds...like if someone walked in....not something you see every day..."honey the GFS sucks moose balls yet again so I am going to shit spray our window decor...BTW whats for dinner?"

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, nj2va said:

So far TSSN+ and Heisy have called winter over/are out. The list will be 10+ long by Jan 1. 

Lol  Honesty though it does feel like snow is going to be hard to come by for a while. I try to stay positive but there does seem to be a disconnect.  No storm and cold enough or storm but too warm. We shall see.

Going to deep creek to ski in late January. Can't count on snow around these parts. Gotta get my fix somehow lol.

1 minute ago, Chris78 said:

Lol  Honesty though it does feel like snow is going to be hard to come by for a while. I try to stay positive but there does seem to be a disconnect.  No storm and cold enough or storm but too warm. We shall see.

Going to deep creek to ski in late January. Can't count on snow around these parts. Gotta get my fix somehow lol.

At this rate you better go out west for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heisy said:

I’m done. At this point let’s see how long we can go without an inch of snow. 3 years? 5 years? A decade? Maybe it’s possible idk?

we'd have to get to basically the end of the season to set the record for DCA - seems unlikely but I guess you never know.  BWI and IAD have already set the records for consecutive days with no snow > 1".

40 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I don't think you can count on Deep Creek having snow either.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 12:47 PM, EastCoast NPZ said:

East Coast NPZ :   It is poor in much of the western US right now.  Solid RED in my neighborhood.  ( ironically the green light blue 100- 120% area is the Alvord Desert which only averages 7" of rain per year ) 

Another nice soaker at my Aldie place today.  My daughter is getting married July 20th ... outdoor wedding in Virginia.. that should be a sweat festival. 

Winter clock is ticking so good luck back there!

25 minutes ago, snownut said:

East Coast NPZ :   It is poor in much of the western US right now.  Solid RED in my neighborhood.  ( ironically the green light blue 100- 120% area is the Alvord Desert which only averages 7" of rain per year ) 

Another nice soaker at my Aldie place today.  My daughter is getting married July 20th ... outdoor wedding in Virginia.. that should be a sweat festival. 

Winter clock is ticking so good luck back there!

1703711654971-f4500036-cc7f-4f7a-8aae-b7ad1882fffb_1.thumb.jpg.407ee0f7c25d984c8ebc1d72a660ac9f.jpg

Outdoor wedding in July?  In VA?   I hope you are at least not paying for that wedding.  Lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jebman said:

I have to carve my own tombstone? Especially when I am thinking about Jumping because winter has been cancelled and the base state is like the Mount St Helens in 1980? Reaper is irresponsible. If I Jump I want a proper Reaping, and only The Reaper can do it right.

Oh no!!!  Don't tell me Jeb is turning into a jumper...Jumpin' Jebman?  So now instead of Jebwalks, we'll resort to Jebjumps??? :lol:

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Deep creek hasn’t even been below freezing since Saturday morning.

They are also on track to finish December at 50%-75% of normal precip which is only noteworthy because of the positive anomaly 100 miles east.

There are many ways to score but and east storm track and a generalized torching of the source region north and west isn’t one of them.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic