Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Euro is a Maine special on the 28th.

And then euro is NH/Maine flash flooder on the 29’th as coastal curls into S VT. Much more colder air nearby if the storm decides to take a less amped track (assuming there is Even a second peice to that storm ) but verbatim that would be a nail in coffin for ski resorts for new years And winter enthusiasts but I hope for the industry sake that doesn’t play out .

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

And then euro is NH/Maine flash flooder on the 29’th as coastal curls into S VT. Much more colder air nearby if the storm decides to take a less amped track (assuming there is Even a second peice to that storm ) but verbatim that would be a nail in coffin for ski resorts for new years 

I think that one still has a chance at some snow, Up and In, Some cold nearby.

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I think that one still has a chance at some snow, Up and In, Some cold nearby.

Definitely does for certain 

seems the recent trend of weakening the primary on the 27’th as it cuts west and eventually drifts toward Illinois /Michigan is key to also help that high pressure build down north of Maine (or maybe it’s a vice Versa effect ) but as long as that keeps playing out then there is definitely potential for Maine into prob NE NH on first one and then that leaves a nice airmass lurking just north of NNE that a second low could pull down if it tracks favorably and at this juncture I think that is entirely possible (for the snow to come further south as well ) but if it’ doesn’t and there is a potent system ..there will be disaster potential given the current Situ

3 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Don't look at the Euro. The atmosphere is finding ways for us to persistently not snow, but flood.

Ya it’s a very interesting look, I’m skeptical at this juncture of a potent system but If the 27’th has a weak way west primary , we could have a airmass for many in CNE/NNE that is worth watching the follow up coastals track for , that one is still in lala land given it’s dependent on the first systems evolution . If the 27’th primary trends back stronger I would close the shades up north and pray there is no follow up coastal

9 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Can anyone create a meme with maybe Greta and Klaus Schwab at the HAARP facility in Alaska torching the ionosphere 

https://www.science.gov/topicpages/h/haarp+ionospheric+heater#:~:text=The heating of the overhead,propagate under the heated region.

and yes this is for humor , humans wouldn’t tinker with things  .you wouid certainly know in real time 

Climate Change GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha 7
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Nah. Haven’t felt well lately. Bad elbow tendinitis too. I could go for a warm, snowless one. But it is what it is.

could be gout ... I used to get that when I drank alcohol and ate meats.   It would crop up at weird times and seemed to mimic known things like that. Elbow this, or planter's fascia that...  The toe one is easier to identify, but I was runner and thought the first time an episode struck it was turf toe from running miles at the high school track.  When I cut out drinking entirely some 7 or 8 years ago - no love loss; don't really miss it - and converted much more daily caloric intake to raw untreated cut fruit and broad spectrum salads with ample bean mixed in, within a year or two the gout was down to one easily Advil - manageable episode every 2 months.   Within 3 or 4 years, 6 months.  At this point I haven't had one in 3 years.  I still eat meats - I just don't go crazy. 

Just sayn' ...   I'm off work through Jan 2nd so expect out of left field boredom post from me.  lol

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

My last 20” was in 2011. I’d be waiting a very long time to enjoy a winter event if that’s the threshold. I guess when the kids are grown I may feel differently but as of now, even 2” and we have a blast. 

my sons are 14 now and they were used to 30-50 inch winters for most of the time up til about 2018.  Now they know what the 80's were like for us parents...LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnitedWx said:

Yikes! That happened to me right after we moved into our new house in '17. I'm still amazed all I had was a bruise on my ass. I hope you're recovering well!!

Multiple contusions as it appears that i slid down on the front of the left leg, As well as i recall, Sprained ankle as well as injured my right elbow but could have been a lot worse, Leg/Ankle/Foot still quite swollen and also doing wound care 3 times a day plus ice.