• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

That is going to be a pretty wild Monday morning across eastern coastal Maine. Wouldn't be surprised if there are some 75-80 mph wind gusts. NAM has a decent amount of elevated CAPE too so if there is any convection the potential for these gusts increases quite a bit. But given the instability is elevated that doesn't necessarily guarantee the winds would be tapped into and drawn down.

Just now, weatherwiz said:

That is going to be a pretty wild Monday morning across eastern coastal Maine. Wouldn't be surprised if there are some 75-80 mph wind gusts. NAM has a decent amount of elevated CAPE too so if there is any convection the potential for these gusts increases quite a bit. But given the instability is elevated that doesn't necessarily guarantee the winds would be tapped into and drawn down.

I may call out Monday...commute is going to be miserable.

• Like 1

Things aren't so bad, really ...   I mean, it's gonna snow, and snow probably at heavy rates for at least a short period of time, along the spine of western and NW New England. 

From the scope and scale of the N/A continent?  That is a snowy anomaly - relative to season - for the "northeastern U.S."   Case closed. 

This is a brief  philosophical rant; but is true nonetheless.  The problem is ... the "IMBY" devil.  It's always there ... in constant battle with expectation. Ya know... 'perception is politics' - and politics is seldom very fair.

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Congrats man. Another huge storm up there. Great start to the year there. 

Still always waiting for the other shoe to drop but fingers crossed looks good for the Greens.

Things have been breaking right lately… could be 3rd straight Monday with 10” or more falling at the ski area.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Things aren't so bad, really ...   I mean, it's gonna snow, and snow probably at heavy rates for at least a short period of time, along the spine of western and NW New England. 

From the scope and scale of the N/A continent?  That is a snowy anomaly - relative to season - for the "northeastern U.S."   Case closed. 

This is a brief  philosophical rant; but is true nonetheless.  The problem is ... the "IMBY" devil.  It's always there ... in constant battle with expectation. Ya know... 'perception is politics' - and politics is seldom very fair.

I never expected anything from the Monday deal, so no complaints on that.....I don't expect any snow here until Xmas and even that may be more up and in. It is what it is and you are right people are allowing the bitter IMBY residue to cloud the prism through which they view the rest of the season. 

I’ll still take the way under here on winds…unless it’s a tropical system, 99% of the time its a snoozer here in that regard.  NAM would be interesting here with a couple inches of snow, but I’ll sell that too.   We’ll get 3 plus inches of rain, that’s what I’m pretty sure of though.  Congrats who gets the snow, and the wind out east. 

• Like 2