Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November Banter 2023

George BM

3 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Big W tonight, but it wasn’t without a big blow. Andrews done for season. 

Next man up! Need the WR room to step up, as well as Likely and Kollar. Likely has shown flashes, but he’s also shown he can get lost out there. Need him to step into the role. 

Losing Andrews is a big blow to any SB aspirations imo. He is that valuable. Always money, and Lamar's security blanket. Is what it is though. That style of tackling needs to be looked at, but in today's NFL it's already hard enough for defenders to make 'clean' hits and tackles.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CAPE said:

Losing Andrews is a big blow to any SB aspirations imo. He is that valuable. Always money, and Lamar's security blanket. Is what it is though. That style of tackling needs to be looked at, but in today's NFL it's already hard enough for defenders to make 'clean' hits and tackles.

I don't think that's true. It is a big loss, yes...but to say it damages SB aspirations? Too early to say that. As long as the rest of our receivers stay healthy, we have a legitimate shot of getting through this adversity. It's not like last year when all we had was DRob and uh.....whoever else, lol It's going to be up to Lamar and this group. They showed a glimpse in the second half of who they could be. Combine that with this defense (once they start closing consistently) and we have a greater chance than people think.

17 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

Yeah getting that #1 seed didn't seem to help in 2019...

Nor did it help them in 2006. So that's twice it turned into disaster (and ironically I think both had the same kind of weather--unseasonably warm and somewhat rainy). So nah, I don't want no parts of that No. 1, lol Both SB years went mostly on the road except the WC...I'm okay with that!

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I love UVA but that’s a textbook definition of a charge. Feet set, outside the arc? No way that’s a block. But it was impressive 

New rule this year.  Last year, definitely a charge. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ncaa-approves-change-to-determining-block-or-charge-calls-and-other-rule-modifications-for-upcoming-season/

19 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

This is a close call.  It did look as if the defender was in legal guarding position (LGP) and outside the restrictive circle before Dunn planted to attempt the dunk.  One move by the defender which may have also led to the  "block" charge was the slight lean backwards before the contact occurred.  The lean backwards in anticipation can take you out of LGP and that will sway some officials to call the Block rather than the charge. 

I am only certified for up to high school, but our board and some of the Official sites I use review all types of plays from all levels.  If this one comes up for review, I'll come back with an update. 

• Like 1

Mammoth is getting smacked by snow today. Early today the forecast was for 2-4 inches of new snow. All day it has been going up, until now it is 7-11 inches of daytime accumulation. Base is up to 18 inches!

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/main-lodge

Pacific storms will continue to smash into the Sierra and progressively dump and dump and dump snow on the western ski resorts, piling it up and up and up!

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic