• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discobs 2023

George BM

Canadian and Euro still want to hang that boundary around here on Halloween and then spin up a bit of a coastal on the 1st. GFS brings the front through and slides energy south and off the coast the following day.

I'd definitely like some rain, but I don't want it on Halloween again this year!

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Canadian and Euro still want to hang that boundary around here on Halloween and then spin up a bit of a coastal on the 1st. GFS brings the front through and slides energy south and off the coast the following day.

I'd definitely like some rain, but I don't want it on Halloween again this year!

It's really tough to ignore how similar the ECMWF and Canadian are for Halloween.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

I'd love that!  I enjoy the occasional winter storm but do not like the six months of depressing bare trees and dreariness at all

Sunny and still 80 at 5 pm

For me, it's mostly hobby-based.  I play hoops several times a week and if there's games going on, I'll get in on that.  Next favorite hobby is mountain biking.  I love a good snowstorm...I probably always will, but the cold/wind is just not conducive to what I enjoy the most.  For 3 months, I'm ok with it...any longer and it's like, ok, now what lol.

23 hours ago, mattie g said:

Agreed…and there’s really not much difference among all three. Figure we should start seeing some more convergence soon.

It’s still a couple days away, but it’s looking more like the GFS solution will play out. If it does, that’s a pretty damn good verification from many days out in the face of the CMC and Euro solutions.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

People in costumes at the Halloween parties today looked absolutely miserable.  Obscene weather.

we better get used to it lol.  of course this will be the second straight year where actual Halloween is cold (although hopefully not rainy this year).

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic