• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discobs 2023

George BM

For those interested, here is a public facing GIS dashboard of the Maryland Mesonet sites. Expect updates as site selection is finalized and land use agreements are signed. A more complete website is being coded and will be available later this autumn.

https://gis.menv.com/portal/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/cbd2b3566be0409da116ecfe8fb22739

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

For those interested, here is a public facing GIS dashboard of the Maryland Mesonet sites. Expect updates as site selection is finalized and land use agreements are signed. A more complete website is being coded and will be available later this autumn.

https://gis.menv.com/portal/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/cbd2b3566be0409da116ecfe8fb22739

I find it interesting the one on Towson's campus is listed as

Owner Name 1 TOWSON STATE COLLEGE

3 hours ago, nj2va said:

P&C for our McHenry location has mention of chance of snow showers:

Saturday Night
A chance of rain showers before 5am, then a slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. West wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Same down here in Canaan.  Hoping to see first flakes of the season!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I see some for Frederick Co although it shows they are not finalized yet. I hope they happen. The reason I got a weather station was the lack of weather reporting for this area. 

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

I see some for Frederick Co although it shows they are not finalized yet. I hope they happen. The reason I got a weather station was the lack of weather reporting for this area. 

Frederick is a challenging county. The rapid growth is forcing us to be more deliberate with site selection compared to other jurisdictions. We look at a site that can align with a 30 year length so we can get better climate data.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Cloudy and 69 as our mini heat wave comes to an end.  We got a surprise light shower last night.  Yesterday evening my wife asks should we cover the deck chairs and I'm like nah.  Oops

Yeah. Every time LWX slips in that little "20% of showers overnight," I always cover the patio furniture. Have gotten burned every time I didn't in that situation.  :/ 

4 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

So, looking at the support trusses in those pics....how far off the ground will these units sit?

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Yeah. Every time LWX slips in that little "20% of showers overnight," I always cover the patio furniture. Have gotten burned every time I didn't in that situation.  :/ 

So, looking at the support trusses in those pics....how far off the ground will these units sit?

Tower is 10 meters high. Support bolts go 4 feet into the ground in poured concrete. We won't need support wires. A mesonet site took a direct hit in Georgia from an EF-3 tornado, had no support wires and kept working.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic