• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Another big Sept rain event between roughly midnight Friday morning and midnight Sunday morning (bulk 9/29-30/2023)

wdrag

2 minutes ago, 495weatherguy said:

Earlier you mentioned the big totals of rain were around Farmingdale/Bethpage; now it appears as though the "bullseye" is bit further east-Islip.  Would it be reasonable to assume that the "bullseye" can continue to move east and ultimately off shore?

That was on a different model-HRRR. The “bullseye” might really be anywhere in our sub forum but even if not there it looks to be a much bigger area of 2-3”+ rain. 

3 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

There are going to be alot of people caught off guard by this storm IMO. People just don't pay attention or care no matter how much you get the information out there. Tomorrow mornings commute could be a nightmare if some of these higher rainfall amounts occur. 

Thats why I posted the nam on my fb page to explain the potential of how bad it could get. I had responses like that's not what my weather app is showing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Thats why I posted the nam on my fb page to explain the potential of how bad it could get. I had responses like that's not what my weather app is showing

the general public is not that smart but in fairness the media has overhyped so much in general people just tune out