• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Ophelia

Rjay

It's pretty quiet here right now, thank goodness, but the backyard is a pond. I'm a little puzzled though, as to why people would be disappointed that we didn't have a biblical flood. I can sort of understand the allure of big snows; snow transforms the landscape and could look amazing. But too much rain offers nothing; already we are stuck in the house like it's winter when many of us would rather be fishing or hiking or taking in a live ballgame or anything other than sitting in the house, which is what many of us will be doing until April once mid Oct rolls around. We've lost a lot of the remaining nice weather except for a couple days during the week when a lot of folks are chained to a desk. In short, this weather absolutely sucks, and if I'm getting this right, doesn't look to improve much soon.....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nycemt123 said:

Gotcha. Let's hope that's wrong because I don't want flooding by us, we've gotten lucky till now...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I don’t see how we would luck out due to the way that rain is moving and extremely slow at that… certainly looks like flooding rains over the next 12-18 hours unfortunately 

I don’t see how we would luck out due to the way that rain is moving and extremely slow at that… certainly looks like flooding rains over the next 12-18 hours unfortunately 
I'm just gonna keep hoping. I don't want to have to walk 20-25 minutes each way in a deluge tonight for synagogue

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So tomorrow morning we'll know whether another small but significant FF event has occurred without a watch se NYS/extreme ne NJ. AWARENESS, especially nighttime is quite valuable and especially when modeling is giving an option of spot 4-6" up there.  Sure looks like big delays tomorrow morning coming into NYC from NYS, maybe northern NJ too.