Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Ophelia

Rjay

54 minutes ago, mob1 said:

Verbatim, the GFS has a much more significant system the second time around. Some really strong winds and a ton of rain (it also coincides with the full moon). It's in fantasy range though, I can barely get it right 24 hours out. 

Almost sounds like a loop de loop track?  Anybody dare take a poke at a path?

I would take axis of max rainfall in above depiction and put it 50-100 miles N, W of its map location ... reason being, climatology suggests max rainfall from TS of moderate warm air availability often dump a lot of rain west of track. N NJ and e PA could see a lot more, LI possibly a bit less but I would stress more rain potential mostly, leaving coastal areas as is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• forkyfork changed the title to Tropical Storm Ophelia

RGEM not impressed with tomorrow's round. Dries it up and mainly light rain during the day tomorrow with round 1. Not even a half inch for me. But whether we get just a half inch tomorrow or the wetter models end up being right and it's over an inch, I don't care. Either way it's a miserable saturday with outdoor plans ruined for everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mob1 said:

Now the GFS comes in with this. It's just impossible to get any kind of agreement and/or consistency from models anymore. 

gfs_apcpn_neus_10.png

Which is why I wouldn't be overconfident about our area getting a ton of rain this weekend. It might happen or it might not. Look at all the events we had this summer. Some overperformed big-time and some were big busts. The models are wildly inconsistent. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

Just now, winterwx21 said:

Which is why I wouldn't be overconfident about our area getting a ton of rain this weekend. It might happen or it might not. Look at all the events we had this summer. Some overperformed big-time and some were big busts. The models are wildly inconsistent. 

your 10 mile run is in trouble, sorry

• Haha 8
  • Weenie 1

Just now, forkyfork said:

your 10 mile run is in trouble, sorry

LOL I don't run on saturdays anyway. Boy you're in the mood to troll me these days, lol. The other day you got 21 weenies for the 2 posts you made where you said you were keeping track of my posts about humidity. 21 weenies. You might have set a record for weenies, lol. 

And I realize it's gonna be a rainy day tomorrow. But the models are all over the place on whether it will be just a light to moderate amount or much more significant. Who knows. 

24 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

LOL I don't run on saturdays anyway. Boy you're in the mood to troll me these days, lol. The other day you got 21 weenies for the 2 posts you made where you said you were keeping track of my posts about humidity. 21 weenies. You might have set a record for weenies, lol. 

And I realize it's gonna be a rainy day tomorrow. But the models are all over the place on whether it will be just a light to moderate amount or much more significant. Who knows. 

Sharp northern cutoff for sure-where is it though?   I-84 or I-95?

• Like 1