• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Oh great, extra taxpayer funds to figure out how high the tuna will be bobbing up and down in the swells between the cape and Bermuda.

You’re too much :lol: 

I’m sure Team Hit is hoping for you to meh this until the center passes just west of your house. 

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The additional balloon launches make a bunch of sense. I mean there is an overall greater concern to this storm than just the backyards of New England. 

I was kinda hoping we'd stall an arc of 48 dbz tropical mode rain right through a region with +300% of the seasonal budget already in the Earth

... just sort of have it sitting there blithely twitching away for hours and hours...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You’re too much :lol: 

I’m sure Team Hit is hoping for you to meh this until the center passes just west of your house. 

:lol: Just messing around.

Im all for anomalous weather events to a degree. Since I became a home and property owner though, I find myself much more at ease when things don’t come to pass.

47 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We have a thread for a nice Saturday. Lets talk about it. Anybody have plans????

I'm actually running in the Reach the Beach relay (12-person teams running 200 miles; each runner does 3 legs), which starts up at Attitash Friday morning and finishes at Hampton Beach on Saturday. The tradition is for the runners to run into the ocean together afterwards. I'm starting to think at least that part might not happen, but I'm actually more worried about the possibility that media hype will prompt organizers to postpone the whole event. We've got people flying in from all over starting Wednesday.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just was having fun. 

I know you aren't serious but my boss lives in Montpelier and had her house trashed in the flooding back in July.  She has flood insurance but it has been a nightmare to deal with, they won't pay for anything above 30" off the floor and just the fact that she had insurance has made her ineligible for forms of assistance.  It's been a nightmare.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Just was having fun. 

I know but I've heard that often from people who seek anomalous weather events but the data indicates homeowners tend to fight for months, even years, with insurance companies to cover their losses and a good percentage never get back what they lost. That's the issue I have with weenies wanting damage. They'll marvel at it for a few hours and then suffer for years afterwards. That doesn't seem like a situation I ever want to get into.  

• Thanks 1