• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Autumn 2023 Banter

bristolri_wx

What a selfish prick and coward this guy was.  Not only devastating the lives of all the victims and their families but also bringing fear to an entire community.  The PTSD from this will run deep and last a lot longer than the news cycle of the event.   I know this is true of any mass shooting event, it's just closer to home because I have family and friends in Maine. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

What a selfish prick and coward this guy was.  Not only devastating the lives of all the victims and their families but also bringing fear to an entire community.  The PTSD from this will run deep and last a lot longer than the news cycle of the event.   I know this is true of any mass shooting event, it's just closer to home because I have family and friends in Maine. 

It could happen anywhere; there’s a bond in New England and especially NNE.  We all know people in that area of Maine. They have the same laid back values of just trying to go through life wholesomely, and enjoy a few things along the way.

That no community is immune from this sort of thing is the truly sobering and gut-wrenching part.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It could happen anywhere; there’s a bond in New England and especially NNE.  We all know people in that area of Maine. They have the same laid back values of just trying to go through life wholesomely, and enjoy a few things along the way.

That no community is immune from this sort of thing is the truly sobering and gut-wrenching part.

Yeah, even in here Franklin Co, we are pretty accustomed to most crime being petty car break-ins,  the occasional robbery and sadly domestic abuse.   Nobody who has a driveway locks their car.  I know plenty of folks who don't lock their house when they run out for an errand etc.

30 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Kinda where I'm at.  I think America lost its innocence on 9/11 and Maine lost its innocence on Wednesday night.

Agree with all your points.  I was 16 years old when the San Ysidro McDonald's massacre happened and I remember people being freaked out that something like that went down in America.  I remember watching the news of that Luby's restaurant massacre with my housemate. Both of those defintely were a wake up call. Plus that big postal facility shooting in the 80's.  

I will say, although 9-11 was obviously a much larger casualty event with global implications, I feel like our collective innocence was ripped open with Columbine HS.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Agree with all your points.  I was 16 years old when the San Ysidro McDonald's massacre happened and I remember people being freaked out that something like that went down in America.  I remember watching the news of that Luby's restaurant massacre with my housemate. Both of those defintely were a wake up call. Plus that big postal facility shooting in the 80's.  

I will say, although 9-11 was obviously a much larger casualty event with global implications, I feel like our collective innocence was ripped open with Columbine HS.

Yes.  Good point.  As an 8th(?) grader that was real and mortifying to watch transpire.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, even in here Franklin Co, we are pretty accustomed to most crime being petty car break-ins,  the occasional robbery and sadly domestic abuse.   Nobody who has a driveway locks their car.  I know plenty of folks who don't lock their house when they run out for an errand etc.

Unfortunately more rural areas like yours , mine etc are more likely to have these things happen. The majority of them happen in places that do not have high amounts of security and where they can do the most damage without being stopped. There’s always an exception.. but I think you guys are crazy for not locking doors and taking precautions  This isn’t 1920 . Over the last 3 years this country has become more dangerous than it has ever been. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 4

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Unfortunately more rural areas like yours , mine etc are more likely to have these things happen. The majority of them happen in places that do not have high amounts of security and where they can do the most damage without being stopped. There’s always an exception.. but I think you guys are crazy for not locking doors and taking precautions  This isn’t 1920 

Just cleaning my gun

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Unfortunately more rural areas like yours , mine etc are more likely to have these things happen. The majority of them happen in places that do not have high amounts of security and where they can do the most damage without being stopped. There’s always an exception.. but I think you guys are crazy for not locking doors and taking precautions  This isn’t 1920 . Over the last 3 years this country has become more dangerous than it has ever been. 

No, it hasn't. That's your perception.  Fact is you're much more likely to die in a vehicle then you are from gun violence, and even less so a victim of a home invasion.

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just cleaning my gun

Is this a Saturday morning routine?  Going hunting or to the range? Or are you just another soft-as-baby-poo fake tough guy who gets scared of everything they see on the TV and internet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol the data of course counters your fear mongering agenda.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/crime-rate-statistics

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Sounds like police previously searched the place he was found and they didn’t find him. Wooooooof

The press conference said they searched all the trailers at that Maine recycling plant as the owner kept telling them the shooter was very familiar with the place.  However, there was an auxiliary parking lot across the street or something with a couple extra trailers that weren’t mentioned to police.

So when they went back to focus on the area and were checking off spots cleared, they became aware of this additional area with a couple trailers.  Maine State Police tactical units then cleared those and found him in the back of one.

Sounded like a plausible f*ck up based on the aerial map they showed.  But you still think they’d look into anything within 100 yards of that recycling plant.  Or that someone would be like, “what’s that over there?”  “Oh you own that too?”

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tunafish said:

No, it hasn't. That's your perception.  Fact is you're much more likely to die in a vehicle then you are from gun violence, and even less so a victim of a home invasion.

Is this a Saturday morning routine?  Going hunting or to the range? Or are you just another soft-as-baby-poo fake tough guy who gets scared of everything they see on the TV and internet?

Is a song dumb ass

On 10/27/2023 at 4:41 PM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

5 minutes? My buddy is a cop and he said he may have had like a half hour head start on them, combined with him potentially having an escape plan.

A day late, but an LEO on one of the pressers said that police reached the bowling alley 90 seconds after the first 911, and 5 minutes after the first 911 from the bar.  (Probably the time it took to drive the 4 miles on city streets between sites.)

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

A day late, but an LEO on one of the pressers said that police reached the bowling alley 90 seconds after the first 911, and 5 minutes after the first 911 from the bar.  (Probably the time it took to drive the 4 miles on city streets between sites.)

Right, no doubt that may be accurate, I’m talking the time it took them to figure out what had happened and who they were looking for.