Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

7 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Winter preview? I honest to God don’t think it’s going to be any good (again) down here. We await coastal season and first frost. 

Agree. Memorable to me even though temps were nothing to write home about. Exceptionally wet with multiple legit flash flood events here, and plenty stormy even if nothing was particularly high end other than the supercell that started over my house lol. Tropical close call also stands out, even though it’ll likely be forgettable here. 

Oddly enough, the hottest it felt here was during that mini heat surge in mid April and late last week. If it wasn’t for all the rain in the middle of the summer, the conversation would probably be radically different. It still was a very memorable season in terms of how tropical it felt, especially combined with all the moisture and the intensity of the lightning in some of those storms. Our poor little dog is definitely in need of a rest after many hours of hiding in every obscure nook and cranny she can wedge herself into!

• Like 1

So I ended with 2.41” here yesterday in E Brooklyn, cross Route 6 north here in town and 5-7” with many roads flooded or washed out. Throw in a tornado for good measure (and I am pretty confident it went right over my hood) and that’s one of the best severe threats that Wiz hasn’t hyped!

Curious why, most of the heavy rain and even tornadic events here happened in higher elevations of Windham County, a reason why? Luck of the draw?

28 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

So I ended with 2.41” here yesterday in E Brooklyn, cross Route 6 north here in town and 5-7” with many roads flooded or washed out. Throw in a tornado for good measure (and I am pretty confident it went right over my hood) and that’s one of the best severe threats that Wiz hasn’t hyped!

Curious why, most of the heavy rain and even tornadic events here happened in higher elevations of Windham County, a reason why? Luck of the draw?

Completely 100% luck 

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Going to Florida for Christmas (December 23 - 30). 

Hopefully it will be good EL Nino climo and there will be some severe chances down there. 

Also going to see Rangers @ Panthers December 29. Was hoping Bruins were in Florida but I'll take the Rangers. 

I will say, it was surreal to tailgate for a hockey game in shorts….Nice venue for a game

1 minute ago, Modfan2 said:

I will say, it was surreal to tailgate for a hockey game in shorts….Nice venue for a game

I know hockey is a "winter" sport but when I used to go to the bar before Wolf Pack games (which was like a 3 minute walk to the game) I hated the walk in the winter...dreaded it. I remember a few times when they got deeper into the playoffs and had some late April home games walking to the game in warm weather...so much better.

I’m with @RUNNAWAYICEBERG this morning.

Boring is fine. Fall is the best time of year IMO, and having some days where you can actually be outside and enjoy the “Goldilocks zone” without thinking about wx isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

When the late season homebrew threat for the Gulf or October nor’easter that blasts the Cape comes along I’ll be ready. Until then, we embrace the epic beauty of seasonal transition.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m with @RUNNAWAYICEBERG this morning.

Boring is fine. Fall is the best time of year IMO, and having some days where you can actually be outside and enjoy the “Goldilocks zone” without thinking about wx isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

When the late season homebrew threat for the Gulf or October nor’easter that blasts the Cape comes along I’ll be ready. Until then, we embrace the epic beauty of seasonal transition.

I'm fine with boring. I just hope we can maintain 70's (and occasional lower 80's) as long as possible. 

• Like 1