Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

13 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

There was a pretty long duration TDS with this thing. From Brooklyn/Killingly all the way to RI/MA border.

Pretty subtle and dropped here or there but could be a relatively long track spinner.

Had a lot of Wind here in Brooklyn and then gone; no damage here

I will officially end dew season as of tonight .  Nigel will pump heights and dews for a time .. but the long warm , humid summer is over . One of my all time favorites though starting June 20th . Storms dews and warmth.  Moving forward still AN thru early October with a bunch of 70’s near 80 minus the dews 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Other than Andover, kind of flaccid convection this season. Lots of rain but nothing too sexy. Even the storms that TOR have little lightning. I know some towns got it good around me, but not much severe in New England. 

Lots of good lightning in my area this summer.   

• Like 2

time to deflate I suppose. 

Not sure what to call that pattern going forward but it looks devoid of anything that captures attention … Like placidity perhaps the way September is supposed be.  Still, going from these last two weeks of Heat Floods Tors and a Charlie Brown tropical cyclone, into that modeled abyss of nothingness may take a methadone lockdown 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not sure what to call that pattern going forward but it looks devoid of anything that captures attention … Like placidity perhaps the way September is supposed be.  Still, going from these last two weeks of Heat Floods Tors and a Charlie Brown tropical cyclone, into that modeled abyss of nothingness may take some a methadone lockdown 

It will be nice to dry out. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not sure what to call that pattern going forward but it looks devoid of anything that captures attention … Like placidity perhaps the way September is supposed be.  Still, going from these last two weeks of Heat Floods Tors and a Charlie Brown tropical cyclone, into that modeled abyss of nothingness may take a methadone lockdown 

It’s just a warm AN dry pattern devoid of dews. Not fall like .. but cooler nights . In sum… boredom 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s just a warm AN dry pattern devoid of dews. Not fall like .. but cooler nights . In sum… boredom 

I’m not sure the dews won’t creep back tho. I mean it may not be in the 70s again but we’re gonna be getting dewpoint in the mid 60s that’s not very September like either.

…yesterday felt drier than it was just cause we’ve been so saturated for so long. I expect more in the same …thinking it’s drier than it really is. 

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Winter preview? I honest to God don’t think it’s going to be any good (again) down here. We await coastal season and first frost. 

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Very very eventful summer, lots of Tors close by and just unreal rain. NB

Agree. Memorable to me even though temps were nothing to write home about. Exceptionally wet with multiple legit flash flood events here, and plenty stormy even if nothing was particularly high end other than the supercell that started over my house lol. Tropical close call also stands out, even though it’ll likely be forgettable here. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I will officially end dew season as of tonight .  Nigel will pump heights and dews for a time .. but the long warm , humid summer is over . One of my all time favorites though starting June 20th . Storms dews and warmth.  Moving forward still AN thru early October with a bunch of 70’s near 80 minus the dews 

Make that through December. AN, I mean. Mid 50's in mid-December this Nino year.

• Like 1