Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

54 minutes ago, dendrite said:

A lot cooler this morning than yesterday. 

66.9° vs 67.8°

6:30 AM temp here was 5° higher than on Tues-Wed, and first foggy morning of these dewy days.  Sun just finished burning off the fog/cloud about 9:30.  Delayed sun/taller sunrise temp probably will work out to a draw.

16 hours ago, forkyfork said:

with a top ten warm july sprinkled in 

I’ll probably end up using my AC more in September than JJA combined. I can count on 1 hand the days I used it in met summer. Even July was biased toward warm mins. It wasn’t a hot summer up here. Sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meh ... diurnal lows have owned the ballast of our particular contribution to the global warming curve for many years. It's going to mean there are 10 this or that months - but it evades common experience when people tend to be asleep. Lol

I suspect/hypothesize our predicament with that has to do with the fact that our DP temperatures have been rising along in its own curve.  It's tending to thermodynamically adulterate the highs from rising as far, and then holding minimums elevated ( in the means mind you - ) per the course of the last 20 whatever years.

I'm sitting here at 90 F over a 'garden DP'  ( my naming convention for Wunderground sites -) averaged to 75 using the sites within a mile of this location.  KFIT was 89.6 this last hour fwiw -

Anyway, doing that combination at 10:4fuckum5 in the AM, on September 7 is impressive.  I've seen be 95 here on September 7. In fact it was on this date that was observed, many many years ago though.  I wanna say 2014 ..that far back.  But the DP being both this high and in combination hasn't been previously observed since I've lived here along this part of Rt 2 - unique.  I don't see any reason why that 95 can't be challenged later in the afternoon. 

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

85 at home, HI of 94

89 at KFIT with a HI of 94 as well

My school is a sauna...   My classroom is at 82 right now... prob won't go up a lot, but the rooms across the hall were 87 when we started today. Dews are probably 70-72 in here. 

I heard on NPR last night that a handful of school districts around Massachusetts were on early release notice for today and Friday.

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I heard on NPR last night that a handful of school districts around Massachusetts were on early release notice for today and Friday.

Yeah.  Worcester is closing shop early today and tomorrow. Quabbin today. Loweel is closing all day today and tomorrow.  That one sucks because they will still need to be made up.

In a lot of cases, the kids are going home to environments that are even warmer.

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

kids need to be toughened up.

The worst days when I was a kid was when it was below zero the boiler would break down, they'd cancel school, and we'd have to wait outside in numbing cold for over an hour for the bus. I went to Catholic School so I wasn't dressed for cold weather. Never could understand why we couldn't wait inside until the buses came.

• Like 1

Tip as usual, has hit the nail on the head. This level of heat intensity is really impressive for this time of year. Going outside, even just for a little bit is enough to sap the life out of you. Even some of the birds around our yard are moving rather lethargically in these conditions, which gives me a little more motivation to keep the birdbath topped off. Of course it doesn’t help that there is hardly a cloud in the sky which truly allows this inferno that has overtaken us to reach its full potential, something that rarely happens in this corner of paradise. 

21 minutes ago, Snowedin said:

Tip as usual, has hit the nail on the head. This level of heat intensity is really impressive for this time of year. Going outside, even just for a little bit is enough to sap the life out of you. Even some of the birds around our yard are moving rather lethargically in these conditions, which gives me a little more motivation to keep the birdbath topped off. Of course it doesn’t help that there is hardly a cloud in the sky which truly allows this inferno that has overtaken us to reach its full potential, something that rarely happens in this corner of paradise. 

Love the description,  hey have to make the best if it. Find ocean water, lake water  pool water. I  often do all 3 in a day. Just had to stop long swimming for a while but in the water as much as possible today.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Never ending summer ends the 8th the pattern change is complete by the 12th. Was a great summer of sun fun surf. We all had our times of COC dews and storms. Looking forward to fall football and hybrid storms.

Looks pretty dewy through mid week.