Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Banter 2023

George BM

10 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

A few shots from the Johnston Canyon hike today. Best part of the day was heading to a brewery in Banff after the hike and having the O’s game on! Go O’s!!!

Sitting by the fire now sipping a whiskey and listening to rolling distant thunder. Great day.

image.jpeg.cb6a1350a7d0ff0b4bb7f85c80f7ea1e.jpeg

image.jpeg.464dd47e52af87b09da737d5371f83e1.jpeg

That's beautiful. Always wanted to hike in the Canadian Rockies. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, snowfan said:

Os now 27 above .500. This is starting to shape up to be a special season. And they’re still doing all of this earlier than expected. Crazy to think they still have Holliday, Kjerstad, Norby, Mayo, etc down on the farm to call up. They will need to address pitching, but that may need to wait until next trade deadline or the ‘24 offseason if the intention is to grab a true ace. Not too many #1s coming up for free agency this off-season.

Here's hoping GrayRod becomes that ace. Oh and there is that John Means guy too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Welcome home (a bit late)!!  Of course, you might not have thought it felt so good about a week or so ago when it was 98 degrees!! :lol:

Considering I was leaving 42 of the last 45 days over 100° and it was forecasted to hit 105-110° after I left, I would still feel good about it :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Now let's put the beatdown on Houston and make a statement to the rest of the AL: "We're your daddy now." 

We're missing Mr. Kate Upton this series, evidently. But that's OK. We pushed him around in 2014 and he's 9 years older now.

It's been a long time since I could feel cocky about being an Orioles fan. Should probably stop, though. Bad karma. 

That said, 30-20 the rest of the way gets us to 100 winds. That's a .600 winning percentage. Last time the O's won 100? (Trivia, see answer below.) They've played .622 so far. There's a lot of mediocrity in their schedule to come: Cardinals, Diamondbacks (who were good earlier), Cleveland. Some clunkers like the White Sox and A's; I hope the O's don't "play down" to their level. Four with TB in mid-September are going to be tough games and I think may decide the division title and home field advantage in the playoffs. Padres, Mariners, and (7) Boston could be tough as well. 

Trivia answer: 1980. 

14 hours ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Now let's put the beatdown on Houston and make a statement to the rest of the AL: "We're your daddy now." 

We're missing Mr. Kate Upton this series, evidently. But that's OK. We pushed him around in 2014 and he's 9 years older now.

It's been a long time since I could feel cocky about being an Orioles fan. Should probably stop, though. Bad karma. 

That said, 30-20 the rest of the way gets us to 100 winds. That's a .600 winning percentage. Last time the O's won 100? (Trivia, see answer below.) They've played .622 so far. There's a lot of mediocrity in their schedule to come: Cardinals, Diamondbacks (who were good earlier), Cleveland. Some clunkers like the White Sox and A's; I hope the O's don't "play down" to their level. Four with TB in mid-September are going to be tough games and I think may decide the division title and home field advantage in the playoffs. Padres, Mariners, and (7) Boston could be tough as well. 

Trivia answer: 1980. 

I was worried about the O's "playing down" to the Mets. They got a sweep. Only need 1 of those games against Tampa to win the season series and tie breaker (in essence another game in the standings)

5 hours ago, George BM said:

Going on 270 posts in the severe thread today w/ storms not even in the main region yet. Impressive winter-like activity.

Just imagine what Winter is gonna be like once that subtrop jet gets all cranked up with the Nino! Folks will be up for days and days on energy drinks checkin out models as a monster snow blizzard develops then crushes the entire DC Region!

9 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

I just put the catio out for the day. So that means I cancled any chances of storms for my area. :lol:

And @MillvilleWx remember when I told you to drag back some weather from TX. You may have done good. 

One thing you DON'T want MillvilleWx to bring back with him from Tx, is this blindingly harsh blazing heat! Believe you me, you DON'T want that, not one little bit!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Quiet day in Banff. Did some laundry and walked the town and some nearby trails. The goats were near our campsite, and tomorrow we head to Lake Louis.

Hope everyone there got through the storms unscathed.

image.jpeg.7b987c796a56f636f78fc8ad5678b7ab.jpeg

image.jpeg.0e0b6b698066111837577c499980c457.jpeg

image.jpeg.1266e08ec96ea8f9964d147f25507d4a.jpeg

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE scenery!

• Like 1

Bad job Orioles organization.  Little Angelos took exception to this statement by their great play by play guy Kevin Brown regarding the Ray's back on 7/23. Suspended indefinitely. 

That... “The Orioles have won more games against them this season than the last two combined”.

Seriously? That thin skinned? Brown was only reporting truth.  He's one of the best baseball voices already. He'll be fine elsewhere hopefully.  

5 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Bad job Orioles organization.  Little Angelos took exception to this statement by their great play by play guy Kevin Brown regarding the Ray's back on 7/23. Suspended indefinitely. 

That... “The Orioles have won more games against them this season than the last two combined”.

Seriously? That thin skinned? Brown was only reporting truth.  He's one of the best baseball voices already. He'll be fine elsewhere hopefully.  

SMH. The only thing the O's need right now is new ownership. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic