• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2023

George BM

Received right at 0.40 for the past 24 hours, monthly total for my back yard stands at 2.37.... One of the lower totals locally... But no issue everything is green and growing nicely thanks to the end of June cutoff low and generally no heatwaves.... 

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Most guidance brings in a midwestern MCS to the area in the overnight hours. Question is how strong is remains when it gets here, well after daytime heating and with today not a particularly hot/humid one. 

Not sure if we are watching the same area... but SPC upgraded parts of the Ohio Valley to a ENH risk for large hail and damaging winds... and SLGT was moved further east into PA 

24 minutes ago, 87storms said:

I’m expecting a broken line of light showers that lasts 15 minutes to cross the Blue Ridge during the overnight period. I’ll take an actual thunderstorm, though.

The HRRR has been showing the line be able to recover locally a bit once it comes off the Blue Ridge. Surprising giving the timing. Still looks a broken mess though. 

1 minute ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

The HRRR has been showing the line be able to recover locally a bit once it comes off the Blue Ridge. Surprising giving the timing. Still looks a broken mess though. 

Decent MUCAPE and shear most likely... lapse rates aren't too bad either 

34 minutes ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

Looks like it mostly skips over the recently constructed rain shield around downtown Frederick and reorganizes in time for points east.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 87storms said:

I’m expecting a broken line of light showers that lasts 15 minutes to cross the Blue Ridge during the overnight period. I’ll take an actual thunderstorm, though.

I've seen this show enough times to know exactly how it will go.

My next chance of rain will come sometime in late fall when there is finally a GD low that tracks south of us.

• Like 1

I've seen this show enough times to know exactly how it will go.
My next chance of rain will come sometime in late fall when there is finally a GD low that tracks south of us.

Whenever I see a GL low, I temper my expectations. The only thing that’s been an improvement lately (if you like an increased chance of storms and dislike wildfire smoke) is that it’s been more humid. Today has actually felt like a classic summer day.

Not just downtown. Things are getting crunchy and brown down SW of downtown. 

Yea, this is the polar opposite of summer 2021 when I first moved to Frederick and had to bail on a couple hikes at Gambrill because I kept getting stormed on.

Region-wide…it’s definitely a polar opposite of 2018 when Great Falls was bustling.
  • Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic