Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2023

George BM

54 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Pretty cool watching the Arlington cell.  The flow that would otherwise be pushing the cells to the east is balanced by the outflow to the west which keeps kicking up feeder cells.

IMG_2754.thumb.jpeg.3aa4f6174719cbbb02a29b7577cbc57d.jpeg

I was in that. Pretty strong. picked up 1.91" in an hour IMBY.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Correction 1.32" in less than 20 minutes

Just drove through blinding rain from Cordova north to Ridgely, now home and its gently raining with bright skies lol. Repeat of yesterday when I drove north from Denton. Maybe I can pick up a tenth today.

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Just drove through blinding rain from Cordova north to Ridgely, now home and its gently raining with bright skies lol. Repeat of yesterday when I drove north from Denton. Maybe I can pick up a tenth today.

It was a tight gradient, downtown Easton barely anything, Rt 50 to Black Dog a wash out.

3 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

It was a tight gradient, downtown Easton barely anything, Rt 50 to Black Dog a wash out.

These cells have been pretty localized pulsers the last few days, but a bit more organized today. Still a miss here. About 0.35" since Sunday.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Just watched the cells over Reston and chantilly pop up as the outflow crossed over. Unfortunately it also canceled the swim lesson I was giving with a crack of thunder.  

Yeap, saw that single lightning bolt on Radarscope w. the Chantilly cell.

There will be a larger scale mechanism for ascent via an approaching shortwave plus plenty of moisture streaming northward later this weekend. The result should be more shear/organized convection, compared to  the weak flow aloft and subtle(localized) forcing triggers of the past several days.  A more widespread heavy rain threat plus some severe potential across the area looks likely. Hopefully the 'have nots' can cash in.

gfs_z500_vort_us_9.png

gfs_midRH_us_9.png

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic