Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah you might be right. It's definitely gonna wash a few mtn side saunas away.

I usually think these end up like models show a widespread 3-6” and you get a narrow focused axis of like 6-8” with widespread 1-3”.  Who knows though.  Haven’t looked at it much, just how I generally view more convective QPF progs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I usually think these end up like models show a widespread 3-6” and you get a narrow focused axis of like 6-8” with widespread 1-3”.  Who knows though.  Haven’t looked at it much, just how I generally view more convective QPF progs.

I could see it being a significant event overall. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Totals look pretty damn crazy . I would have a plan B in place across N and 
western New England in flood prone areas 

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Sitting poolside here in the Hubb. This is hot but dews are fine.  Def drier than earlier 

Pool is quite nice   92

IMG_2695.jpeg

Blecchh!  Back in the late 50s/early 60s, our small (50 acres) lake in NNJ would reach temps like that in the upper 4-5 feet.  I'd swim behind the diving dock, take a couple deep breaths and head for bottom, only 11-12 feet away but where the water was upper 70s.  Might get a minute or so of nice cooling before needing air.  ;) 
(There was a reason my sometimes nickname was "turtle".)

Some impressive echoes heading our way - or heading just to the north.

• Like 1

Lots of debris clouds have put the dent into late day heating. Did manage 90 yesterday and today upper 80s. Dewpoints have been consistently high the last week or two which is reminiscent of how summer was when I lived in SW CT many moons ago.

20 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

PW of 1.7 (and SBCAPE of 4000 J/Kg) doesn't happen every day in Maine, if I had to guess.

CAR.gif

160 soundings at CAR since 2000 have had pwats >= to that. So not that rare. 2.00”+ is more rare…9 since 2000. 

2.17” is the record.

• Like 2