Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2023 Banter Hangout

Chicago Storm

14 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

have been mia for the past few weeks, but am back and see we're still in zzzzz mode.

I realized yesterday that you hadn't posted for awhile. I figured that it was just because of the boring pattern we are in.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

Please, we'd kill for even one MCS right now

15 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

Damn straight. One nice long track cluster

You know it's bad when non-weather people are commenting about the lack of Thunderstorms.  

I've been learning the terminal (command line interface) so one of the uses is getting my current wx info and forecast from there, the options haven't been great like wttr.in gives me wrong info every time and there is lack of documentation on altering the config file if there is one. Ideally I'd like to get most of my basic info from a terminal emulator such as history from any city, parsing ranges from my excel databases from my station, metars, etc. I'm using both Debian and Arch based OSs.

14 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

All the normies are loving this summer, no heat, low humidity and no rain to ruin plans

N. IL truly has been a rainless paradise. I haven't been watching the temp grids too much but between your reports and Cyclone's reports west of me, I can deduce we've also been in a pretty sweet spot in the gradient here in N. Central IL. The most pleasant spring in my lifetime.

Farmers likely not seeing the beauty in it. This is the slowest start to corn here I've ever seen. Most years the old "knee high by the 4th of July" has been more like "knee high by the 4th of June". Nothing knee high here yet, some late planted fields have barely emerged. 

21 minutes ago, luckyweather said:

N. IL truly has been a rainless paradise. I haven't been watching the temp grids too much but between your reports and Cyclone's reports west of me, I can deduce we've also been in a pretty sweet spot in the gradient here in N. Central IL. The most pleasant spring in my lifetime.

Farmers likely not seeing the beauty in it. This is the slowest start to corn here I've ever seen. Most years the old "knee high by the 4th of July" has been more like "knee high by the 4th of June". Nothing knee high here yet, some late planted fields have barely emerged. 

Yep, mid-80s with low dews for weeks on end. Been glorious.

Going to Vegas next week where I should see a stretch of triple digits. 

Returned a week ago from a 12 day sojourn to Alaska. Bucket list trip with my daughter. Fairbanks to Denali on the Alaska Railroad. 3 days in the park...then train ride to Anchorage. The constant daylight was freaky, especially in Fairbanks. Fortunately we departed before mosquito season hit full force. With the ground frozen under about a half foot of top soil there is standing water everywhere. Perfect for the little blood suckers to breed. All in all a great trip. Fresh cool and dry air, beautiful scenery and lots of snow on the mountains. Highly recommend.

May be an image of arctic

• Like 11