Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2023 Banter Hangout

Chicago Storm

2 hours ago, Spartman said:

Frostfern in the Drought 2023 thread is already starting to stick a fork in this summer because of the smoke.

While I am not near ready to stick a fork in the summer, I will say that the smoke in MI has been abysmal.  Many people in MI have been impacted.  Several events canceled as hospitals are dealing with several respiratory patients.  Even the Governor issuing/emailing statements to everyone.  

Well that was fun, Last Thursday got home from work to tree limbs down everywhere. Obviously had lost power during the fun but it was back up by the time I got home. But the phone line was DOA. Figured it was a line problem and waited for three days and finally called about it. THey said my modem/router/gateway was fried. Finally got the replacement today. So for almost a week I had to do weather the old fashion way. Stick your head out the door. If you sweat, it is hot. If the hair flies in your face, it is windy. If your head gets wet, it is raining.  Good to be able to see the radar again and watch the rain evaporate just to my west again.

37 minutes ago, bowtie` said:

Well that was fun, Last Thursday got home from work to tree limbs down everywhere. Obviously had lost power during the fun but it was back up by the time I got home. But the phone line was DOA. Figured it was a line problem and waited for three days and finally called about it. THey said my modem/router/gateway was fried. Finally got the replacement today. So for almost a week I had to do weather the old fashion way. Stick your head out the door. If you sweat, it is hot. If the hair flies in your face, it is windy. If your head gets wet, it is raining.  Good to be able to see the radar again and watch the rain evaporate just to my west again.

:scooter:

il_794xN.4672766159_auw9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

18 hours ago, beavis1729 said:

:scooter:

il_794xN.4672766159_auw9.jpg

The Wyoming weather indicator is just a standard chain, hanging downward, located at NWS Cheyenne. If chain is at 45 degree angle: Wyoming breeze. If chain is at 90 degrees to the vertical: Wyoming hurricane! If chain is white: snow.

• Haha 1

Say what you want about Broyles (he's not good in general), but for for my money, Goss is the worst performing SPC outlook forecaster. Those who are familiar with the 4/7/2020 wind driven sig hail event in eastern IA, southwest WI, and northern IL will remember that he issued one of the worst day 2 updates of all time (removed general TS in much of the sig hail area) on 4/6/2020.

He's on midnight shifts now and his outlooks have been bad as usual. The current day 3 he issued last night may take the cake in terms of silliness.

a5ba65cd208d399b2ab062df58d83704.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I didn't even look at the day 3 until now, that is complete nonsense.
It's so absurd to have such a small gen TS area paired with the giant marginal. Marginal risks are whatever ultimately, but his outlooks for last night and today for this area were total fails, since they were a rip and read of convective feedback contaminated NAM runs.

• Haha 3

Corn should start tasseling soon, cicadas will be out, and the smell of sweating cornfields will soon permeate throughout. It’s July 9th and the summer keeps chugging along at a rapid pace. 

as it always does.

we’ll quickly will be descending into the worst time of year before ya know it.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chambana said:

... cicadas will be out, 

Saw my first cicada buzzing on the sidewalk while doing yardwork today. Also heard a bunch in the trees of the southside park as I was riding my bike out to image the sunset.

• Like 1