Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2023 Banter Hangout

Chicago Storm

12 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Shoreline all the way up through Wis is poppin.

73, a tad humid here. Showers/storms starting to develop west over in Baraga County... garden could use a drink.

1459079737_COD-GOES-East-subregional-MI_02.20230722.170117-overmap-barsnone(1).thumb.gif.b392db773cddc648e369072f2ccb76fd.gif

Euro was showing possible 70 degree dews in portions of the UP end of next week

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

Don’t know what this rain shower bullshit is out to my west but it can kick rocks. If there is no thunder I don’t want it

IMG_4827.jpeg

I heard two claps of thunder as it rolled through here.

EDIT: Oh...and picked up a whopping 0.03"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bowtie` said:

Yes way. Looks like you have to get north of a Milwaukee - Muskegon line to find less than 70 degree temps.'

glsea_cur.png

Went to Lake Huron last weekend and it was really warm. Especially the surface water was quite surprised and I have been going to that lake for awhile now

3 hours ago, bowtie` said:

Yes way. Looks like you have to get north of a Milwaukee - Muskegon line to find less than 70 degree temps.'

glsea_cur.png

That's absolutely boss though. It was a little over seventy at Warren Dunes last week if I remember right. Gonna have to go again soon.

22 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Dunno if I ever recall seeing 500mb heights exceed 600 dam before, even on a GFS fantasy range forecast. Usually the highest I see is 594.

It happened in the middle of July 2013 over the GL/OV. (Link - all the images are unfortunately dead) 850 temps were relatively pedestrian though so it was just an "average" heatwave when it happened.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

Of course I leave Lima and come home only to have nice pops down there now

Classic.  I am beginning wonder if we will have the curse of the flood watch occur.  The point and click keeps decreasing.  Now down to quarter to half inch for tonight.  <_< Not gonna have any flooding with a half inch!  Heck any puddles would be gone by morning.

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

Classic.  I am beginning wonder if we will have the curse of the flood watch occur.  The point and click keeps decreasing.  Now down to quarter to half inch for tonight.  <_< Not gonna have any flooding with a half inch!  Heck any puddles would be gone by morning.

Yeah down where I work is in line for some nice stratoform thunder and lightning. Got nice storms already. I know this area has been hit good but I have not been here for it past few weeks lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well.  <_<  Feeling that a big event just is not gonna happen IMBY this summer. :thumbsdown:  This is not a widespread thing for SE MI rather an unfortunate localized thing for a second summer in a row which every storm has found a way to avoid MBY.    This summer is an improvement from last year but again storms have found a way to miss here by a few miles (in July just south of Fenton they had a 4.45" storm while MBY being 2 miles further south only got 0.7" out of that event).  Now 2021 summer was completely opposite which MBY got hit by several great events (funny how it balances out :lol:).

3 hours ago, Lightning said:

Oh well.  <_<  Feeling that a big event just is not gonna happen IMBY this summer. :thumbsdown:  This is not a widespread thing for SE MI rather an unfortunate localized thing for a second summer in a row which every storm has found a way to avoid MBY.    This summer is an improvement from last year but again storms have found a way to miss here by a few miles (in July just south of Fenton they had a 4.45" storm while MBY being 2 miles further south only got 0.7" out of that event).  Now 2021 summer was completely opposite which MBY got hit by several great events (funny how it balances out :lol:).

Overall disappointing summer here too. The best storms were April 4-5.  There was an ultra-rare baseball sized hail supercell I drive 20 miles south to see that evening, then loud cracking thunder that jolted me awake at 5am the next morning.  The two big July I-94 squall lines came through at a bad times where I couldn’t chase.  I wasn’t really feeling well enough to drive anyways though.

Last year the best show IMBY was Sept 20, so I suppose there is still hope.  It was completely non-severe but had amazing lightning nonetheless.

16 minutes ago, frostfern said:

Overall disappointing summer here too. The best storms were April 4-5.  There was an ultra-rare baseball sized hail supercell I drive 20 miles south to see that evening, then loud cracking thunder that jolted me awake at 5am the next morning.  The two big July I-94 squall lines came through at a bad times where I couldn’t chase.  I wasn’t really feeling well enough to drive anyways though.

Last year the best show IMBY was Sept 20, so I suppose there is still hope.  It was completely non-severe but had amazing lightning nonetheless.

Fun video.  Yeah I am hoping for a magical fall.  August just does not look exciting IMO as everything seems to keep diving south of here again.