Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

Enjoying your Newfoundland summer ? 

Actually for some of you, based on the tone and content of griping perhaps "No Fun Land" would be more like it.

Mixed emotions for me ... I find heat waves fascinating. The operational science in anticipation and tracking, and figuring out if it's 'seasonal heat' versus 'synergistic heat bomb'...etc..   And I guess to be fair, the experience should happen...  But at the same time, 74 F is just too perfect to pass up. Choice between the two, I would want to spend an afternoon in 74 before 94. So my feelings are mixed on "missing out" on heat.

Not the same in winter, though.  It needs to be cold and snow bombs because there's not like a choice that's redeeming, like described above with summers. If it's not active with winter storms in the winter, it's usually 44 vomit brown everywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

GFS at least tries for decent wx east of ORH-HFD this weekend. We pray. Canadian is terrible looking. 

Yeah, I was just noticing the GFS does two aspects that leap out that make the weekend not a complete loss.

1 ... the 570 hydrostat flexes toward 18z each day.  That only happens if sun got through...

2 ... QPF blossoming between 18z and evening indicates ( going along with that ) convection.  I always give a shit day a pass if there's CG and crispy towers to geek over...

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah, I was just noticing the GFS does two aspects that leap out that make the weekend not a complete loss.

1 ... the 570 hydrostat flexes toward 18z each day.  That only happens if sun got through...

2 ... QPF blossoming between 18z and evening indicates ( going along with that ) convection.  I always give a shit day a pass if there's CG and crispy towers to geek over...

Looks like all the BS is in nrn and wrn New England for the most part on the GFS. Then we get wet next week. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like all the BS is in nrn and wrn New England for the most part on the GFS. Then we get wet next week. 

Exactly ... and I'm hoping ( in no small part because the dink just bunned me ...) that "western new england" means Tolland for unrelenting light rain in high DPs, while everyone else N/E of there gets the faux Bahama Blues dem two days...

Priceless -

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Exactly ... and I'm hoping ( in no small part because the dink just bunned me ...) that "western new england" means Tolland for unrelenting light rain in high DPs, while everyone else N/E of there gets the faux Bahama Blues dem two days...

Priceless -

Lol.. too easy. Bermuda Blues for all of SNE incoming !

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

I dunno ...  it's 73/60 here with mostly sunny skies at the moment. Little if any noticeable wind. 

Yet there's this steady diet of grousing being served by y'allz when I came back in.

I think there's a tendency here to hide in the virtual realm provided by the internet, ...get obsessed, then get angry that it's not creating a the virtual impression you want.

rather than just experiencing reality?

Take face off portable access device and/or PC and go outside and enjoy.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I dunno ...  it's 73/60 here with mostly sunny skies at the moment. Little if any noticeable wind. 

Yet there's this steady diet of grousing being served by y'allz when I came back in.

I think there's a tendency here to hide in the virtual realm provided by the internet, ...get obsessed, then get angry that it's not creating a the virtual impression you want.

rather than just experiencing reality?

Take face off portable access device and/or PC and go outside and enjoy.

It’s been a top 10 day up here, though starting to cloud over more.  I just post from the Picnic Tables.

77/48 at 36% RH recorded in the valley.

4 hours ago, dryslot said:

Keep an eye on those plants as you progress along as white powdery mildew can become a problem on occasion later this summer, That could end up being a buzz killer.

Definitely why I get Auto blooms to avoid the mold that September October brings 

• Like 1