• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

Storm zone is gradually starting to shift to the east just a bit tonight. The period of time from midnight to mid morning Tuesday has potential to be a bit noisy with heavy downpours from time to time. Strong to severe storm potential resumes tomorrow PM and may even recur Wednesday PM....not sure about Wed. Thursday could be a little drier again.

WX/PT

• Like 3

Approaching 4.50" here.  Just an insane day.  There were at least half a dozen bursts of heavy downpours throughout the day, but between 4:15 and 5ish we just got absolutely hammered.  Definitely up there with some of the heaviest rain I've seen.

Still a ton of moisture headed up this way...kind of hoping the next few days are misses IMBY because the local flooding will just get worse.

• Like 1

The batch that looked so intense as it moved into western NJ weakened somewhat. Decent downpour here now, but nothing to write home about. It'll be interesting to see if it can hold together enough to give NYC some decent rain. The new run of HRRR says it falls apart before it gets to NYC. 

there is still a few CTG but it seems the character of the lightning has changed to be mostly CTC strikes with some crawler behavior.  some quite vivid.  it is interesting how a storm’s morphology impacts the type of lightning produced, or at least that’s what it seems like is happening.  i guess a broader cloud (this is an MCS) allows for charge to distribute horizontally and for these long strikes to occur over a wide path.  i really have no idea what i’m talking about of course, i don’t know anything at all tbh

8 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

Here they come Staten Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau. Our turn has arrived. Still plenty of lightning and thunder with these even though they're slightly weakened from an hour earlier. They still pack a punch.

WX/PT

I wonder if the SPC goes with a slight risk for tomorrow when the new day 1 outlook comes out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRRTA22 said:

8 hours too late....this would've been a widespread mod risk wind event but the timing was off

Some downpours, but this late night batch ended up being pretty weak. Looked great in PA, but as you said too late for us. But at least it held together just enough to give NYC a little downpour. I got only .18 from this late night rain. Thankfully I got the very heavy downpours during the afternoon.