• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

Rgem screws the 95 corridor with less than half inch through Saturday. Heavier amounts east and west

HRRR and GFS look a little better than NAM and RGEM for the batch of steady rain tomorrow morning. I'm hoping we can squeeze a half inch out of it, but it certainly could end up being less than a quarter inch like NAM and RGEM show.

You never know what's gonna happen with convection ... we could end up getting a couple heavy downpours friday and saturday, or it could end up missing us. So I'm hoping the band of steady rain tomorrow morning will deliver a decent soaking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

HRRR and GFS look a little better than NAM and RGEM for the batch of steady rain tomorrow morning. I'm hoping we can squeeze a half inch out of it, but it certainly could end up being less than a quarter inch like NAM and RGEM show.

You never know what's gonna happen with convection ... we could end up getting a couple heavy downpours friday and saturday, or it could end up missing us. So I'm hoping the band of steady rain tomorrow morning will deliver a decent soaking. 

At this point I’d rather for it to pour all day tomorrow because then it justifies not being able to paint this house I am working on outside. Looks like it’s gonna rain regardless but would rather it be worth it!

21 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

No, not technically. 

No

June, July and August are considered the summer months when talking about the meteorological summer season because they are the three warmest months of the year. Astronomical seasons typically fall within these months, but are based on the position of the earth relative to the sun.

10 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

No

June, July and August are considered the summer months when talking about the meteorological summer season because they are the three warmest months of the year. Astronomical seasons typically fall within these months, but are based on the position of the earth relative to the sun.

First few weeks of September over past few decades have been warmer then parts of June I would think. Also technically we have a meteorological seasons and your traditional seasons. So basically your point and @kat5hurricane points are both valid.

• Like 1

The rain not making it this far north was noted in both Upton and Mt.Hollys AFD's this morning. The more significant rain/storms for the NYC metro are aren't supposed to come in until Thursday night or early Friday. By Friday thru early next week the rain will be more convective so the models will have a hard time pinpointing where the heaviest rains will fall.

• Like 3

Just now, Brian5671 said:

Given the south flow out of the tropics these amts could be higher.

If we’re relying just on the southerly flow, it would definitely favor inland areas as that’s where convection easily fires away from any marine layer. Where I am and immediate coast we need this system for tomorrow to produce otherwise it will be a bust. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

If we’re relying just on the southerly flow, it would definitely favor inland areas as that’s where convection easily fires away from any marine layer. Where I am and immediate coast we need this system for tomorrow to produce otherwise it will be a bust. 

Fair point....

4 hours ago, qg_omega said:

No

I'm aware of that but the official start of summer is June 21st unless something has changed that I'm unaware of. 

Also, there's no way you can sell me on September being a fall month. It can be argued that we get more summer weather in September than June especially in the last few decades. September might be considered meteorological fall but the weather doesn't vibe with that.

9 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

I'm aware of that but the official start of summer is June 21st unless something has changed that I'm unaware of. 

Also, there's no way you can sell me on September being a fall month. It can be argued that we get more summer weather in September than June especially in the last few decades. September might be considered meteorological fall but the weather doesn't vibe with that.

As said before, both "summers" are correct.  While the past few years September has shown to be warm, I used to notice that when Labor Day hit, the temperatures would drop noticeably.  And from my school days in the 1960s and 70s, I remember sweating in the classroom (and not just because I was not good in math).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bulk of the moisture offshore to our south appears to be sliding NE further away from the coast. Assume it’s being shunted by the ridging, see if that translates into a drier day tomorrow.