• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

28 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Areas to our north and south doing better. Skunk zone over us. Haha. This has been the most disappointing event of the week. For days this looked like over a inch for us and then everything started to back off 

I ended up with 0.29" here. Not too bad and about what I was expecting after looking at everything last night and this morning, but disappointing as you said considering what the models showed a couple days ago. 

I got .42" and .13" from the events earlier in the week, so we did end up getting a decent amount for the week. It was at least enough to water the gardens for the first time in a long time, and I can wait until early next week to water. But it's going to dry out very quickly early next week, and this wasn't enough to stop us from heading towards a drought. Overall a disappointing week considering what the potential was. 

On 6/15/2023 at 9:05 AM, Allsnow said:

No warm muggies for you…..

Perhaps towards months end we see more sustainable warmth. We need the rain for the lawns currently 

Somehow we survive...skipped just 2 last week and 4 this week. Got almost 1.5 inches this week so that should sustain us for awhile. Last year we had days of searing heat to go with the drought 

I just hate specifically  the time period from solstice to July 4 being cool and damp

But looks like the rain chances are being tamped down next week and could hit 90 next weekend

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

European model back to wetter less warm scenario now with the upper lows over the southeast and southeasterly winds here. It goes back and forth. Followed by a mid Atlantic soaker.ec-fast_z500_mslp_us_10.png

WX/PT

ec-fast_z500_mslp_us_9.png

Euro op keeps showing these soakers in the medium range only to disappear as we get closer. This probably isn’t any diff

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Euro op keeps showing these soakers in the medium range only to disappear as we get closer. This probably isn’t any diff

The Euro drew up these kinds of solutions for a week only to drop them in favor of a stronger Bermuda HP for one and a half days now back to its original thinking. You think it flips back to a strong Bermuda HP? Maybe but I doubt it.

WX/PT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

light to moderate rain-this batch is dying as it moves east....doesn't look like much behind it

If temperatures warm dramatically once the rain ends don't be surprised to see some showers and storms pop. But we'll see if there is too much cloudcover or if it takes too long to get out from underneath what's over us.

WX/PT

3 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

The Euro drew up these kinds of solutions for a week only to drop them in favor of a stronger Bermuda HP for one and a half days now back to its original thinking. You think it flips back to a strong Bermuda HP? Maybe but I doubt it.

WX/PT

If the Bermuda HP that builds is too strong or displaced further north the heat will be in Burlington Montreal, Albany, and Bangor but not here. It's another one of three possible outcomes.

WX/PT

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

If temperatures warm dramatically once the rain ends don't be surprised to see some showers and storms pop. But we'll see if there is too much cloudcover or if it takes too long to get out from underneath what's over us.

WX/PT

Agreed-I'm well east of NYC so won't likely clear out here...although models pop a low overnight and give us a chance.  Tomorrow looks drier than what upton has based on today's models

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

WX/PT

The temp is back up to 69 here with partial sunshine after dropping to 63 when the rain/storms moved thru earlier.

21 minutes ago, MANDA said:

It sure is legit.  People have no courtesy or manners towards others.  Show me kids with no manners and I'll show you parents with less.  Seen it way to many times. 

Bingo. When they introduced themselves to us, they literally warned us that they’re obnoxious, and man they are. Screaming kids, and music so loud that I can hear it over my TV. Luckily we have local code enforcement, who are on speed dial!

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

3 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

Bingo. When they introduced themselves to us, they literally warned us that they’re obnoxious, and man they are. Screaming kids, and music so loud that I can hear it over my TV. Luckily we have local code enforcement, who are on speed dial!

Been there and done that.  Never again.  My biggest problem now is black bear roaming through the yard and deer and rabbits eating my flowers.

Given the two I'll choose the latter.   When they tell you they are obnoxious you know you are going to have issues.

11 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

Gotta hate those damn kids always having a good time!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Been there and done that.  Never again.  My biggest problem now is black bear roaming through the yard and deer and rabbits eating my flowers.

Given the two I'll choose the latter.   When they tell you they are obnoxious you know you are going to have issues.

In their warped minds, by telling us that they are obnoxious somehow justifies their behavior, and we should just accept it. To which I give it a big fat NO. I’m relentless in my quest to make them STFU

3 minutes ago, sn0w said:

Gotta hate those damn kids always having a good time!!!

Nothing against that, but there’s also respecting the neighbors. Several people have called them out for the noise 

48 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

In their warped minds, by telling us that they are obnoxious somehow justifies their behavior, and we should just accept it. To which I give it a big fat NO. I’m relentless in my quest to make them STFU

It's not the parents, I've tried and failed.  There is something in the water.  They are almost all like that...