Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2023 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

1 hour ago, FXWX said:

Wouldn't jump on media with this... JB has a big following and post an image of 1938 once every hurricane season... even yesterday there were posts everywhere showing the Korean model redux of 38 prediction.  If folks are going to share and posts those outlandish maps, the media is going to run with them...

He may have a big following.. but it means nothing really. And 6 months without power, thats just laughable. I'll throw Neversource under the bus all day, but that allegation is outrageously ridiculous. Media used to know better,  now they're just fools

15 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Even 2-3 days out can be dicey for a general location. If you’re looking for the eye over your head, predicting a few hours out is nerve wracking. Nothing like it. 

You would know, being in FL and dealing with Idalia (if i spelled it right) Odds are still not in ones favor even if it makes LF as most of these the RF quadrant is the worst place to be so unless this goes inland, It will be nothing more then an intense Nor easter and we see them yearly.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You would know, being in FL and dealing with Idalia (if i spelled it right) Odds are still not in ones favor even if it makes LF as most of these the RF quadrant is the worst place to be so unless this goes inland, It will be nothing more then an intense Nor easter and we see them yearly.

I'm sure most here would still enjoy that.

1 minute ago, WeatherHappens said:

I bet they get it even worse.

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

My parents are up in Rockport. They can take it on the chin too. Long Beach’s sea wall looks like it will crumble on a sunny day at this point. 

Yes, They're in a bad spot as well.

12 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

A perfect time for big heat...lets crank those SSTs back up along the coast

this air mass won't help the SSTs as much as moving the surface stressing NW toward the coast from out at sea.

I'd take an 80/70 SE bahama blue stream line flowing air mass before this if I were after packing warm SSTs into the coastal shelf

• Thanks 1