• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The 96 at BDL is still a bit of an enigma to me, but not going down the rabbit hole on that one. 

Definitely no big heat, just nice..warm temps for a few days. 

Was thinking about opening the pool but then I looked at LR hard and yea it will be awhile.

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If it’s 70 water temp .. that’s perfect 

My pool was 73 yesterday, I tried to go in for a bit but it’s just too cold, when I was a kid that was no problem, not anymore prefer 80+. The pool should be in the low 80s without using the heater by Saturday, I might heat it to 90 and go it Saturday night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Where ? 63 here

Up here along Rt 2 in N-central Ma ...  It should have read 74, not 75 - didn't see that when submitting but, warm either way.   Enough local home sites on Wunder all in the 72 to 75 range at 9:40 to question the machine numbers at that hour, seeing as they've been capped at 79s...

We're 80 to 82 at most local sites now, including KFIT.

1 hour ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

My pool was 73 yesterday, I tried to go in for a bit but it’s just too cold, when I was a kid that was no problem, not anymore prefer 80+. The pool should be in the low 80s without using the heater by Saturday, I might heat it to 90 and go it Saturday night. 

For me nothing worse than warm pool water . Want it nice and refreshing . If wanted a bathtub folks can save money soak in their bathtubs . Can even use bubbles 

• Like 1

Wiz' et al ... 

..regional LIs have snuck into the margin instability range.  West wind under NW at 500 mb is modestly unstable too, and upstream there are mid lvl shower clusters moving suspiciously like an MCS already..

There's also QPF dappled around the charts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wiz' et al ... 

..regional LIs have snuck into the margin instability range.  West wind under NW at 500 mb is modestly unstable too, and upstream there are mid lvl shower clusters moving suspiciously like an MCS already..

There's also QPF dappled around the charts.

yeah should see some isolated activity the next few days. Maybe even a rouge strong storm or two farther north tomorrow. 

• Weenie 1

56 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

43 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

For me nothing worse than warm poop water . Want it nice and refreshing . If wanted a bathtub Iola’s can save money soak in their bathtubs . Can even use bubbles 

Lol exactly.  73 is perfect. Reason you are cold was the low dew points. Growing up on the ocean my body is used to 65 degree water though. Good for swelling.