• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Extended summer stormlover74 future snow hole banter thread 23

BxEngine

Good morning everyone. I walked out into the postage stamp this am. I was enjoying the relatively mild air and the occasional drops of rain filtering through my 40 year old unending acorn giver. Looking around everything seemed so green and vibrant for an October 7th. I chanced to look down and saw a lone leaf dressed for the season. My elder thoughts raced to joyous Falls past and then poignantly to Autumns of the future. Stay well, as always.

IMG_6835.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, rclab said:

Good morning everyone. I walked out into the postage stamp this am. I was enjoying the relatively mild air and the occasional drops of rain filtering through my 40 year old unending acorn giver. Looking around everything seemed so green and vibrant for an October 7th. I chanced to look down and saw a loan leaf dressed for the season. My elder thoughts raced to joyous Falls past and then poignantly to Autumns of the future. Stay well, as always.

IMG_6835.jpeg

you've a beautiful mind

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

we are all part of the cycle forky.  the poorest, the richest, the kings, the paupers, the elephants, the mosquitos, all are bound by the earth, and all must return to it eventually

except that one species of immortal jellyfish that never dies

Bravo, Will. I’ve read that some folks of extreme means are spending a considerable amount of their wealth in the search for immortality. Here a life form, beautiful in its simplicity, lives on naturally, as the searchers cannot. It’s also kinda hot for a jellyfish. Stay well, “ live long and prosper” as always …..

IMG_6838.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rclab said:

Bravo, Will. I’ve read that some folks of extreme means are spending a considerable amount of their wealth in the search for immortality. Here a life form, beautiful in its simplicity, lives on naturally, as the searchers cannot. It’s also kinda hot for a jellyfish. Stay well, “ live long and prosper” as always …..

IMG_6838.png

i am having my consciousness uploaded to my amwx account so that i will be able to complain about the GFS until the end of time

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i am having my consciousness uploaded to my amwx account so that i will be able to complain about the GFS until the end of time

Sounds good Will. What frightens me is where do you end up if you get banned. Please stay well and with us in your present form. As always ….

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, forkyfork said:

just think: in winter all this rain will translate to colder rain

7 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

But it will feel cold

6 hours ago, the_other_guy said:

I stopped watching them and going to their site after they started this. Sensationalist bs for the social media masses

4 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I agree, however I could see using names for blizzards on the level of 78, 96, 03, 05, 15, 16. 

3 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

But you just say 96 everyone knows what you mean...well at least we do. I don't need to remember it as Blizzard Bert or winter storm calliope

3 hours ago, forkyfork said:

zyler's gonna be the big one

3 hours ago, forkyfork said:

if they run out of names do they use greek letters

Good afternoon everyone. Cold season 23/24 let the games begin…… Stay well, as always …..

IMG_6842.png

7 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

But you just say 96 everyone knows what you mean...well at least we do. I don't need to remember it as Blizzard Bert or winter storm calliope

Yeah true. It used to be the same for hurricanes, like 38, which is the king. Anyone from this area with basic weather history knows what your talking about when you say 38.

Last night, October 12-13, turned out to be by far the biggest night of bird migration this fall.  (Most landbirds migrate at night).  Weather conditions - clear sky, light northwest winds, were ideal.  Cornell University's Birdcast estimated about 17 million birds crossed New Jersey during the night (alas, that doesn't mean they all land here).  The UCAR radar site shows the overnight migration clearly.  The first wave of our summer resident birds going south has already passed; these new birds are mostly our winter residents from the north - white-throated sparrows, juncos, yellow-rumped warblers.  I saw my first string of migrating wild geese.  It's been a fairly good fall migration, enough frontal passages reaching the coast to bring some waves of birds with them. That doesn't always happen, too often there are persistant east-northeast winds.  

• Like 1

i don’t want to hear it from you babies about how the weekend isn’t nice again.  your ancestors killed and ate two of every animal with clubs and spears i don’t want to hear about 50 degrees and light rain.  i am walking the park in gym clothes i know you can do it too

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 2

3 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i don’t want to hear it from you babies about how the weekend isn’t nice again.  your ancestors killed and ate two of every animal with clubs and spears i don’t want to hear about 50 degrees and light rain.  i am walking the park in gym clothes i know you can do it too

Coping skills are lacking for many these days 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1